cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terms & Restrictions of subscription

LunchBoxSteve
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The superscript 1,2,3 for the restrictions of a subscription plan need be hyperlinks that link you to the details of the subscription so you can read about it.  It's not easily found anywhere on the customer facing account page.

This makes finding the information about the speed of the throttled data after the 20gb, hard to figure out.  It took much Googling to figure out it was 512kps. 

Screenshot 2023-11-30 164718.png

8 REPLIES 8

@LunchBoxSteve   If you go to "Shop" at the top of the community page and select any plan, you get the option in the circle.  It's the same "offer details" for all plans (which is another confusing thing because people often miss the superscript numbers on the plan they are interested in and think all the numbers in the "offer details" apply to the plan they are looking at, and don't go back and match up the numbers with the plan).

LunchBoxSteve

Yes but the plan I have was a Black Friday deal no longer offered so I can't see the terms other than when I subscribed and I wanted to check on something.  So that link you circled should be there all the time.

@HALIMACS wrote:

@LunchBoxSteve 

agree with the hyperlink, which should be accessible by simply tapping the superscript numeral

Otherwise, they’re at the bottom of the page under terms and conditions – at least I believe they are.

In side the Self Serve account, the conditions are nowhere to be seen on the page that is in the previously provided screenshot.  The customer will only find them if going into the Change Subpription page.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@LunchBoxSteve   Could perhaps be more obvious but on the individual plan pages the superscript references are detailed under "offer details".

IMG_2095.jpeg

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@LunchBoxSteve 

agree with the hyperlink, which should be accessible by simply tapping the superscript numeral

Otherwise, they’re at the bottom of the page under terms and conditions – at least I believe they are.

@LunchBoxSteve wrote:

Thank you for that information but I still stand by my request to Public Mobile that these "1,2,3" should be hyperlinked to somewhere on the page or to another pop-up page taking you to that information.  It should be easy to get to. 

I agree compeltely, but I would go a step further and say that all that informaton shouldn't be hidden to begin with. I'd much rather seen the terms condensed/simplfied and for them to be seen out in the open.

LunchBoxSteve

Thank you for that information but I still stand by my request to Public Mobile that these "1,2,3" should be hyperlinked to somewhere on the page or to another pop-up page taking you to that information.  It should be easy to get to. 

Those terms point to a maximum speed of 250Mbps, how after 20GB the maximum speed will be reduced to 512Kbps (and also about network traffic management), and how the text and picture messaging usage is only include while you're using the service in Canada.  At publicmobile.ca, these conditions as listed with on the plan advertisement page. Unfortuantely, that information appears to have been left out fo the Self Serve account system on the main subsription page, but if you go into the Change Subsription area, the conditions are shown within "The Fine Print".

Need Help? Let's chat.