cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Add-Ons after subscription plan change

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I am looking to change from my current 4G subscription plan to a 5G plan. Do I get to keep my existing data ons? They are from giveaways and not subjected to the current 30 day expiry when purchasing new data add ons. Does anyone have any experience with this? I tried contacting PM and they just said the following:

"To assist you better, we would like to share there are some add-ons that were only compatible with specific plans, and could be possible that the add-ons will be removed if plan is changed. Due system restrictions, we cannot confirm which add-ons remain on your account. This will be available only after changing the plan!"

4 REPLIES 4

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

When I switched to 5G the bonus data add-ons became "incompatible" presumably because the plan is unlimited.  However the small print indicates that they're not lost and can be used if I should switch back to a plan where they are compatible.  The bonus long-distance calling minutes still remain usable.

@kk99 wrote:

I just switched my plan to 5G. unfortunately, my add-on data (from giveaways) became Incompatible.

Screen Shot 2023-10-06 at 4.56.40 PM.png

Sorry, but these data add-ons cannot be used with 5G-speed plans that include unlimited data at reduced speeds.

kk99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched my plan to 5G. unfortunately, my add-on data (from giveaways) became Incompatible.

Screen Shot 2023-10-06 at 4.56.40 PM.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CalvinW 

yes, paid add-on and bonus add-on will remain in your account after plan change

And a reminder, use Change on Renewal if you do not need the new features immediately 

Need Help? Let's chat.