cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus MDN rejected when pre-validating for port-in to Public

liphom_1086
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to help my niece port her number from parent company Telus to her already activated Public Mobile SIM. However, when either she or myself enter her number to check for portability, we get this:

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
- Make sure you entered your number correctly.
- Select a new number.
- Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

Would anyone have any ideas before I resort to DMing a mod?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Kh69

Sometimes Telus will not release the phone number. I bet if she takes a new number it will work. Good luck. 

liphom_1086

MDN = mobile directory number 😉

Just a quicker way of saying cell phone number, haha...

Although I guess "TN" is less specific, more intuitive, and even one less keystoke - maybe I'll use that in the future 🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@liphom_1086  just anothe fyi the mods are a little overeloaded at the momentand have been replying in 72+ hours.  so dont be worried if you do not her a reply.  anything after 4 days then i would post again.  

mimmo

also there are some rare occasions where numbers can not be ported.  this only happens to  some specific exchanges. I have only seen it mentioned once in the forums.  hopefully this is not the case in your situation.

liphom_1086

Thank you both for your prompt replies! I really appreciate the help.

Cheers

Sorry about that....    I was wondering about the MDN term myself....  I am not the the telco field....   Smiley Happy

Saying that

private message:   Moderator_Team

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

mimmo

@liphom_1086  just message moderator team account.

full instructions below:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

liphom_1086

I was hoping my use of terms like MDN, pre-validate, and "parent company Telus" would indicate that I work in CS for a telco myself and I'm aware that Public is a brand of Telus... lol. I appreciate your help nonetheless.

My first inclinstation was to DM a mod but I figured I'd see if anyone had any further ideas here first.

I guess my next question would be... is there a logical way to choose which mod to DM or should I just pick the first random one I find?

@liphom_1086

Telus and Public Mobile are the "same" company so usually porting is easy and quick.  Is the phone number a corporate account?  If so, you will need help....   

If you already tried twice as described above, you will likely need to contact moderator then.  Include your neice's Telus phone number, account number and account holder name....

Maybe other community members have other suggestions.......

liphom_1086

Thanks for your reply!

This has been tried on 2 different accounts on completely different computers and browsers.

The Telus account is postpaid, and it is currently active.

She first attempted this weeks ago and got the same error, and I tried it yesterday as well.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@liphom_1086

Is your neice's telus account prepaid?    If so, might need to get moderator help.  

Need to make certain that the account is active presently.

PM was doing a maintenance on their website overnight to 10 AM EST, so not sure whether that is affecting the porting process at the present time.  I can access my account now though, but might want to try again in another one hour....

Also, can try a different webbrowser, clearing cache or incognito/privacy mode somtimes helps since the website is finicky....

Need Help? Let's chat.