cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk not included message

PBRick
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I enter an invalid number, say missing one digit, I get a public mobile 'sorry talk not included in your current plan' message. I have 100 Canada minutes on the 15 dollar plan. Shouldn't public mobile instead be telling me I've screwed up the phone number?

8 REPLIES 8

PBRick

Definitely like us start and end dates! And service in other countries would be nice too.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@PBRick  Public tries to make the call and if the call cannot complete then that generic message gets triggered because it assumes that you need to add minutes to your plan to complete the call.

The same error occurs if you make a mistake with the area code and happen to call a US number when your plan does not include US minutes.

IMO, I'd rather Public spend the time, money and resources in fixing other more urgent matters like:

- Renewing an existing plan early via selserve

- Setting start and end dates on US roaming add-ons

- VoLTE

- Lock/Unlock SIM porting feature via selfserve

And on, and.........🙂

PBRick

Thanks, I'm not worried just interested in making public mobile a little better!😀

PBRick

No I just cut and pasted badly.

PBRick

I just hear the talk not included message, and then a hangup. I mean, it's not a big deal, I now know to check the number, but it did confuse me the first time.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I would not worry too much about the message as long as calling works with a valid number.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@PBRick wrote:

When I enter an invalid number, say missing one digit, I get a public mobile 'sorry talk not included in your current plan' message. I have 100 Canada minutes on the 15 dollar plan. Shouldn't public mobile instead be telling me I've screwed up the phone number?

Why are you trying invalid numbers?  Is it some sort of experiment?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Well if you let the whole message play then a few seconds later another message starts to play. "H U M 2 your number cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and try again".

So technically it does tell you that something is wrong with number if you let second message play.

Need Help? Let's chat.