cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk Minutes Usage Clarification Reuested

Koombassi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Checking my wife's usage shows 11 minutes on usage. However, Usage History doesn't show anything close to the 11 minutes. Very minimal texting or voicemail checking either. All thoughts appreciated. 

9 REPLIES 9

@Koombassi 

On average when counting the ring time the "minute" cut off is at 53 seconds then at 1 min 53 sec and so on....

Install the fongo app for checking voicemail and calling numbers where you may be put on hold for awhile. There is also a work around for caller id/outgoing calling for your pm number.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Made-a-call-while-at-home-on-wifi-...

Keep in my mind that plan renewal occurs at 9pm pt. So your data and minute counters reset at that time.

Koombassi

@computergeek541 

More very helpful information. Greatly appreciated. 

@Koombassi 

In an example of making one hundred outgoing calls each that are 15 seconds long, that could possibly use more than 100 minutes. I know that you were asking about checking voicemail, but the ringing time for an outgoing call also counts.  If you call someone and it rings 20 times (assuming voicemail or an answering machine doesn't pick up) and someone then answers, all of that time counts.

If you are going to run out of talk minute, consider getting the $5 Add on for 500 minutes.  You might want to buy it early so you won't got cut off.  The Addon are non-expiring.  Your account will only dip from  the Add-on bucket after the monthly minutes are all used up.  

Koombassi

@softech @Understood. To be forewarned is to be fore-armed. 

Thanks @softech 

@Koombassi wrote:

@softech 

So that's the answer, got it!

Follow up question, if I may: Does PM software take all those less-than-a-minute events and count them as full minutes at the end of the cycle period? For instance, if 100 15sec voicemails were used; does that eat up the entire 100 minutes allotted under $15 plan?

Yes, if you have make 100 15 second outgoing calls , it does count as 100 minutes.

and yes, calling voicemail and check message from your phone does count towards your minute.  But, you can save that by using a landline to check voicemail

Koombassi

@softech 

So that's the answer, got it!

Follow up question, if I may: Does PM software take all those less-than-a-minute events and count them as full minutes at the end of the cycle period? For instance, if 100 15sec voicemails were used; does that eat up the entire 100 minutes allotted under $15 plan?

Koombassi

@softech ....ahh! Rounding up. Hadn't thought about that. I'll check it and report back. Thanks @softech 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Koombassi   did you log into My Account and check the Usage History?   You can use the filter to filter out from the first day of your current cycle  (Cycle starts day could varies from month to month as PM is running on 30 days cycle and not monthly).  Make sure you remember to round up to the next minute for each calls , ie, 1:01 will be counted as 2 minutes.  

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/viewUsageChangePlan/https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/viewUsageChangePlan/

Need Help? Let's chat.