cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Takeover an account

ssfreaky
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My girlfriend is planning to port to a Rogers corporate plan. I want to switch my current PM account to take over her current PM account (I have a grandfather plan and she has a better plan).

Is this possible and what are the steps I should take to retain all phone #s?

10 REPLIES 10

@ssfreaky wrote:

Thanks everyone, i'll give it a try!

Don't waste the time. This is what is currently possible: you can take over your friend's account but she loses her phone number. 

Here's how:

1. you port-out your PM number to any carrier (even a data only plan), say Zoomer, which closes your PM account

2. you port-in your number from Zoomer to your friend's PM account which deletes her phone number permanently and puts you in possession of the account

3. you login to that account and change all the account info to match your own, then ask the moderators to change the account email address to yours.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@ssfreaky wrote:

Is there a #moderator that can answer this?

I will save the moderators some time as this question has been asked and answered already.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-Switching-phone-numbers-for-two-pu...

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ssfreaky, as 3 of our Oracles ( @NDesai@Luddite, & @will13am ) have indicated, it is not  possible.  PM has a policy of not doing this kind of account swap.

ssfreaky

Thanks everyone, i'll give it a try!

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ssfreaky wrote:

If you want to contact a moderator, you can send a private message to Moderator_Team

ssfreaky

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If it can be done, a moderator can swap the old Public Mobile account to another SIM card, and then you can port the girl friend's number to Roger from the now empty Public Mobile account.  It can be done with Koodo.  I have no idea if Public Mobile can do it.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Not possible.  Over a port out of this service is completed, the associated account is closed.  There's no way to take over that account with a different number.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@ssfreaky wrote:

My girlfriend is planning to port to a Rogers corporate plan. I want to switch my current PM account to take over her current PM account (I have a grandfather plan and she has a better plan).

Is this possible and what are the steps I should take to retain all phone #s?

Can't be done unless she is willing to give up her number completely. If so, let us know and we'll provide instructions to minimize your cost.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@ssfreaky This will not work because when she ports out of her PM account, it will be closed automatically. 

Need Help? Let's chat.