cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take over my son’s plan.

jci4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My son has a better PM plan than me. Can I take over his plan?  Do I use his SIM or mine? Can I keep my number and cancel my plan after?

4 REPLIES 4

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@jci4 PM do not allow number port/transfer from another PM account. So if your plan is also from PM, you cannot move your number to your son's account because PM do not allow that. It might be possible if you want to jump some hoops, but regardless, one of you will have to lose the phone number. If you provide us with more details as mentioned above, we might be able to suggest you some ideas. 

@jci4 

There's no right person to contact. The info supplied by @JK8  is correct. However if you give us a little more detail we may have some work around suggestions. What are your two plans? Do you have rewards other than autopay? How important are each of your phone numbers to each of you?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jci4 

i think you have to asking the right person at Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,

maybe the can do it,

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@jci4 wrote:

My son has a better PM plan than me. Can I take over his plan?  Do I use his SIM or mine? Can I keep my number and cancel my plan after?

Use his sim in your phone if you want to take over his account. You cannot port a PM number to another PM account. To close your account remove autopay and your cc information. Your account will close 90 days after the renewal date. When your account closes you might be able to grab that number in self service if it is available.

Need Help? Let's chat.