cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRANSFER NUMBER - No Text

mralexbones
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I haven't received my text to let me transfer my number to another provider. I have tried multiple days in a row now.

Please help ASAP. 

17 REPLIES 17

@Meow wrote:

It is now Simone and she is shy...

H@Meow   you sure it is not S1M0N3  ?  LOL

It is now Simone and she is shy...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mralexbones 

To help you to understand why, please read the following detailed explanation and the solution to fix it.

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for CSA to investigate. CSA wait time is from couple of hours to couple of days.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release your number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

Solution to complete the step 2:

1.  Insert your previous provider to your phone in order to receive a port out confirmation text from your previous provider when PM sends a port out request to your previous provider.  You need to reply YES so that message before they will release your phone number to PM.

2.  Using the following link to create a support ticket to send a number port out request to your previous provider again.  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Report result or more question to get your phone working ASAP.

Welcome to PM and have a better and better days!

@dabr wrote:

@esjliv    I only noticed the chatbot missing a little while ago today.  You haven't seen it for days?  I wonder if PM is aware of that...perhaps community manager @J_PM can give us more info and if they're doing something about it. 

Maybe the SIMbot is getting a makeover?  😁

Hi @dabr , oh, Chatbot, aka Simple--Simon, missing?  Did PM deleted the wrong Community "user"?  or too many accounts and hence got confused when they delete?  LoL

@BKNS27 wrote:

@esjliv 

It has been popping up on the bottom every time I login to the Community but today it hasn’t been popping up. 🤔

It has been a few days that I have noticed it not there for me @BKNS27 .

But, I even caught myself still saying "click the chat bubble", and it wasn't even there 😂

@esjliv 

It has been popping up on the bottom every time I login to the Community but today it hasn’t been popping up. 🤔

@BKNS27 wrote:

@esjliv 

I meant the SIMon Chat button on the bottom right on the Community page.

You probably know this. 😉🤣😂😆

@BKNS27  - oh, I know what you are referring to 🙂

...but I don't see it in 3 different browsers. Are you saying you still see it?

@esjliv 

I meant the SIMon Chat button on the bottom right on the Community page.

You probably know this. 😉🤣😂😆

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dabr - i mentioned it to an Oracle, who said they would inquire further.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv    I only noticed the chatbot missing a little while ago today.  You haven't seen it for days?  I wonder if PM is aware of that...perhaps community manager @J_PM can give us more info and if they're doing something about it. 

Maybe the SIMbot is getting a makeover?  😁

@BKNS27 wrote:

@mralexbones 

Just private message or Chat button on this Community page to contact them.

Where IS the Chat button on this page @BKNS27 ...do you see it on the Community page? I have not seen it in days.

Maybe keep this handy for copying and pasting until the button comes back..

"submit a ticket to Agents. Click here to get started."

Or, direct people to the GET HELP section, 'cause the chat button exists there, strange.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Your previous account must be in good standing as well.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Support is properly done by the receiving side. Not the sending side.

Put Public sim back and get the new provider to restart the transfer and answer the text within 90 minutes.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mralexbones you are trying to port out?

if so, you should first contact your new provider to re-trigger the text.  

if you still not receive the text after 3 hours or so, then you can open a ticket with PM Support with the following direct link 

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

Meow
Mayor / Maire

OLD SIM has to be in the phone in order to receive porting SMS.

Did you leave OLD SIM in your phone after initiating porting?

If you can call using PM SIM but not receiving calls then porting is not completed.

Contact agent for assistance or call PM porting number to re-initiate port.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mralexbones 

Just private message or Chat button on this Community page to contact them.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mralexbones 

Did you leave the old SIM in the phone to wait for the text?

You will have to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process if you didn’t leave the old SIM in the phone or didn’t get the text.

Need Help? Let's chat.