cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System apps

Maddie-Jaclyn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not sure if this is PM related or not. How do I uninstall a system app? I disabled the updates and removed all permissions and cleared storage and forced the stop but I can't get it off my phone. 

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Maddie-Jaclyn 

If you are running low on storage you should be able to use a micro SD card in your phone that you can store third party apps and use for downloads, music, photos etc....to keep your phone's storage for the really important stuff that your phone requires to work properly. I use one with my samsung galaxy A3 (2017) unfortunately it's a shared dual sim slot so I lose the dual sim functionality in order to use the micro SD card.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Maddie-Jaclyn 

is it a system app or a third party app? system apps are baked into the operating system. there is a way, however it is best done with a technical user. one can use darlicious method with custom ROMs or there is also the adb method. but one needs to know what they are doing. what is the app?

Maddie-Jaclyn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That sucks but good to know. Thank you!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Maddie-Jaclyn 

If it's an Andriod phone you can't really unless you want to "become a developer" and you are comfortable with "custom ROMs" and "APK's" and understand all of that jargon. But I understand where you are coming from with Google apps that no longer work like Google music or apps I don't use at all like LinkedIn etc...that take up an enormous amount of storage/memory on a smartphone.

@Maddie-Jaclyn 

More info to re-enable:

Android:

1. Find and tap Settings > Apps & notifications > App info.
  2. Tap All apps > Disabled apps.
  3. Select the app that you want to enable, then tap Enable

iPhone

1. Go to Settings
  2. Go to General
  3. Go to Restrictions
  4. Enter your Passcode (If you have not created one you will need to)
  5. Use the Slider to enable/disable system apps (Green means the app is enabled)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Maddie-Jaclyn   definitely not PM related  🙂

You can go back to the App , there is a filter for "disabled app" and you can click that and you will see it comes back up and you can then enable it back

If that does not help and you really need them, backup the stuff, Reset the phone to factory default (also call Wipe) and those apps will come back.  Yes, you will need to resetup the phone and reinstall

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Maddie-Jaclyn @If it’s an iPhone just hold down on the app till it wiggles and x it out 

Need Help? Let's chat.