cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to the new Freedom Customer Plan

furqansyed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I was looking to switch to the new plan for freedom customers. I was wondering if it is too late now as the site says that it needs to be activated by the July 6 at 11:59. Also, is the additional data only for the first 90 days or will it be there for as long as we keep the plan?

Thanks,

Furqan

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@furqansyed what part of the country are you located in?  If you're near downtown Vancouver or Yaletown I could meet up with you to hand you one of my spare SIM cards.  Or, let us know where you are and if there is anyone local to you willing to part with a spare, it could work out.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

maaximus

You might be able to find a local "phone and phone accessories" store that sells Public Mobile SIMs. The types of small local stores that aren't affiliated to any carriers and just mainly sell phone cases/chargers/accessories and a few phones.

I was not confident enough in Canada Post's ability to deliver a SIM card to me before the FM promo runs out ― so I found a local store here that sells them for $10. It's $5 more than buying it online from PM, but you're able to get one immediately so you won't miss out on the FM-to-PM promo.

Otherwise, you can see if you can find someone locally like @xCameron94x mentioned, who would be willing to sell or give one to you. I had looked at Kijiji listings before finding a store, and I'm not sure how OK it is PM TOS wise, but I saw people making listings for free PM SIM cards in exchange for using their number as your referral source.

furqansyed
Shoot, would be great if we could call and contact public mobile. No exceptions though, so i guess i missed out. That's a bummer. Thanks for the help!

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

You might be a bit late, you need to order a sim card. Usually in the GTA you could see it next day, but its cutting it kind of close. Perhaps a comunity member near you has a spare they could let you have. I have a spare in the Mississauga area if you're near there.

Also, you keep the plan with the 12gb (6GB + Bonus 6GB) as long as you re-new it every 90 days, so if you do sign up be sure to sign up for autopay so you never miss a payment, you get a $6 reward for doing so ($2/month)

Need Help? Let's chat.