Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Gone Wrong

bcharles
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

[Edit]: Solved 

Thank you!

I'm switching from another service provider who I have a physical sim card for, to a Public Mobile eSIM. After following all the steps to activate it, my phone acts as if there is no SIM card in it. No service, nothing. I does however, recognize the old physical SIM and the new eSIM. But, it still thinks the number is associated with the old sim and not the new one. Weird. I activated the new eSIM with the physical SIM still in the phone, and Public Mobile Customer Support says to remove the SIM and try activating it again. That didn't work, my phone says unable to activate it. So I really don't know what to do. I restarted my phone, turned the line on and off... The agents can't even help me.

7 REPLIES 7

bcharles

I didn't get a private message. And I'm currently in a discussion with an employee so maybe we will continue tomorrow morning. Thanks!

@bcharles wrote:

You just told me you sent me the porting support team number and to check my Community inbox, check for the number and call.

Htidegnow doesn't work for Public Mobile but I beleive sent you a private message about number porting.  The link given for you to send a private message to user number 22437 is for you to send a message to Public Mobile employee.

bcharles

You just told me you sent me the porting support team number and to check my Community inbox, check for the number and call.

hi @bcharles there is no number to call

And support team domr at 10pm ET, they will resume tomorrow morning to fix your problem 

bcharles

I cant make any outbound calls, texts, nothing (with either sim). I've been talking to a support agent for several hours now and he still hasn't found a solution to my problem. In fact, he stopped responding to my messages. Should i give a call to the support team then?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @bcharles 

if the old physical sim card from the other carrier is not working, the port is done

but to confirm, call the porting support team and they can confirm.  I have sent you the porting support team number.  Please check your Community inbox (envelope on top right), check for the number and call

But with the PM sim, can you at least make outbound calls? if not, either the esim not installed properly or sim not setup on the system.  In this case, message support agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.