Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Public Mobile Today!

carsonmok
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have followed the instructions to:

1) get a sim

2) activated the sim, setup an activity and setup autopay

3) provide my previous Rogers information for switch over.

how long does it take the switch over to take effect?  

9 REPLIES 9

hamaida
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@carsonmok I did the same, i ported my 2 numbers to PM and they gave me the credit as referral, but both numbers have to be in separared accounts, with differnant E mail, but you can still have same info in both accounts like your name and address.

If you referral your second number befor Aug 9 you can get credit of $25 in both account total of $50.

Sharing is caring!
From July 26-Aug 9, 2018 refer your friend to Public Mobile and both you and your friend will receive a one-time $25 account credit!

Good luck

I have brought over 5 lines to PM porting the same time as activation.  Never had any issue when there are issues I am willing to say a vast majority are because of user error.  Enter the correct and required info.  As for the delay in porting or activation because of the recent promos I haven't heard anything about that

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@carsonmok

Sometimes it might not be a bad idea to get a new temporary phone number from Public Mobile.  Use the service for 1-2 days to see whether you truly like the reception, data speed. etc IF you like it, you can port over your old number from Rogers.  If you sign up today, try also to get a friend referral for setting up the account, $25 credit (promo ends August 8).  You might also want to sign up second line by August 8 also.  

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@carsonmok, generally it can take literally minutes, as long as all the information is 100% accurate.  However, from what I've been reading over the last few days, due to the promos and mass activations happening nation-wide, glitches may occur with the activation, and from there you would most likely need to message a MOD and the fix would take 24-72 hours.  All depends on how many are in line ahead of you.  Hopefully you won't have to go through this.

@carsonmok wrote:

2) can i use the same account, email and banking transaction to manage it?

Some people reported not being able to use the same credit card on more than 2 accounts. But it is not everybody, sometime it works.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@carsonmok wrote:

if i have a second phone in the family that i wish to switch over:

1) i assume i can be the referral of the other family member's cell?

1) Yes, you can be the referral.

2) No, each phone line requires a separate account.

carsonmok
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thanks. 

one more question. 

if i have a second phone in the family that i wish to switch over:

1) i assume i can be the referral of the other family member's cell?

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

In my experience, it took less than 2 hours.

Just continue to use your rogers sim until it becomes unprovisioned. After which, shut your phone off, insert your public mobile sim, and turn it back on. Hopefully everything goes well.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@carsonmok wrote:

I have followed the instructions to:

1) get a sim

2) activated the sim, setup an activity and setup autopay

3) provide my previous Rogers information for switch over.

how long does it take the switch over to take effect?  

If you are porting your number over it can be anywhere from 10 minutes to 4 hours if it is over 4 hours I would then contact the mods as you most likely have an issue with your port.  You can still use your Rogers Sim until it stops working as well that is a good way to know when the port is completed

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.