cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Points system do past referrals transfer over?

_smileboi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I've recently become interested in switching over to the rewards points system but I was just wondering if the two other users I referred to PUBLIC will be retained and whether I would still get points from their referrals. They are currently still PUBLIC customers but they would like to continue with their old rewards system. If after I switch over to points will I still get benefits (in the form of points now) from the two other users?

Thanks very much for any answers and comments!
_smileboi

4 REPLIES 4

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Referrals stay with your account even if you switch plans or to points

_smileboi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So will they (the referrals) stay with me even if or after I switch however? (If I do switch that is) Or will I have to refer entirely new people to get the referrals benefits from? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@_smileboi 

yes, the friend referrals will stay

BUT , I strongly suggest you to stay with the legacy system.  You will earn MUCH more with the legacy system

Here is the comparison: 

1.  $2 Autopay is no longer there and replaced with 5% ,  you get less UNLESS you have the $40 plan or above
    (but you get 5% for your other Add-on purchases as well)
  2. No more loyalty rewards, meaning the loyalty discount of $1/month up to $5/month will be gone. Instead, they will only give $10 each year on the anniversary.
    1st to 12th month:     Legacy system will give $0 that year, versus $10 at the end of the 12th month with thew new system
    13th to 24th month:  Legacy system will give $12 that year ($1/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 24th month with the new system
    25th to 36th month:  Legacy will give $24 that year ($2/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 36th month with the new system
     61st and beyond: Legacy will give $60/year ($5/cycle) versus $10/year on the anniversary day under the new system 

3. You can no longer apply $1 or $2 you got to the bill right a way, you have to collect enough to 15 points to cash out $15 in one shot
    Also, you have to remember to convert your points to dollars once it reaches 15 points.  PM no longer automatic apply the reward discount.

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,
           - 5% Points back for add-on purchases as well
           - add-ons are around 33% cheaper when you redeem with Public Points
           - you can use 1 point for lucky draw, so, technically you bet $1 and can win an iPhone 
                   [BUT This Luckydraw might be gone now]

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Don't switch.  Referrals will stay with you.

Need Help? Let's chat.