cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming not working

Elisnow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I have purchased US roaming for my plan, and it has not been working. I was under the impression it was working since I was able to send and receive text messages, but I'm completely unable to make or receive phone calls. I have followed the troubleshooting recommendations, restarted my phone, and ensured data roaming was enabled and still I am not able to use my roaming. I'm also not able to submit a ticket to get this fixed, because I have consistently received error notifications. I followed the troubleshooting for that as well, cleared my cache and cookies, refreshed the page, exited and reopened the page entirely and nothing has been working. I'm concerned about being charged for the texts I've sent and received when I thought my roaming was working, and I don't know how to fix this issue to be able to make and receive phone calls. 

6 REPLIES 6

@Elisnow Glad you got it working. I find T-Mobile to be more reliable when roaming. Some Samsung phones are VoLTE compatible, while others are not. But if you got it working, that's great.

Elisnow

Thank you for your response, I switched to T-Mobile from AT&T and it appears to be working. I use a Samsung and I purchased just the calls and texts since I don't have any use for roaming data. I'm glad to know I won't be charged any overages for the texts sent, that is relieving. 

Your phone might be dropping to 2G. Or possibly your phone is set to 5G. Set it to 4G LTE and it might work on AT&T.

Elisnow

Thank you! I was on AT&T and switched to T-Mobile and it seems to be allowing calls to go through for me now. I'm not sure why AT&T wouldn't work on my phone since I've seen others suggesting that provider, but I'm just glad it's working now. 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for sharing detailed information. What phone do you have? Phone calls in the US are dependent on VoLTE, which not all phones work with on Public Mobile. 

Regarding charges, you'll never be charged overages on Public Mobile, as it's completely prepaid. Either it works or it doesn't.

What roaming add-on did you purchase? Calls/text/3G data? Or just calls and text?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Connect to T-Mobile and try. Try setting your networks to 2G GSM.

Setting your networks to 4G LTE should work fine for both AT&T and T-Mobile for both sms text and data. Talk needs either volte enabled from here or 2G GSM which is only available on T-Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.