cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching subscription plans

PPham16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I just joined PM like last month on a 5G 50Gb can-us $40 plan. I don't know why but on my old carrier I used up data really quick, like I used about 1Gb in a day, but with PM I’ve used significantly less. I have an iPhone 11 and turns out it doesn’t do 5G. So clearly I don’t really need this plan.

I looked on the PM website and there was a plan for 4G 20Gb can-us $30, but when I went to go switch to it, it listed the plan for 4G 15Gb can-us $30. I assume the extra 5G is for new activations only but I would still prefer the 20Gb instead of 15Gb.

I just submitted a ticket asking if I could have that plan. Just curious if anyone had any experience with something similar to this and if it has worked. And if it doesn’t work, is there still away for me to try to ask again and get the plan, or like switch to some other carrier and then switch back? I don’t mind the hassle of switching but I would prefer less headaches.

3 REPLIES 3

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@PPham16 certainly nothing to lose by trying to ask. Worse case try as you have mentioned, port out to another carrier, even like Fongo, and then port in but you will need to use a different email address to create the new account and you will need a new SIM card

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @PPham16 

you can only take the plans showing on the Change Subscription page on My Account. 

But you have submitted a ticket with PM agent, so, let's see if they can help, but honest, I don't think they can

@PPham16 wrote:

So I just joined PM like last month on a 5G 50Gb can-us $40 plan. I don't know why but on my old carrier I used up data really quick, like I used about 1Gb in a day, but with PM I’ve used significantly less. I have an iPhone 11 and turns out it doesn’t do 5G. So clearly I don’t really need this plan.

I looked on the PM website and there was a plan for 4G 20Gb can-us $30, but when I went to go switch to it, it listed the plan for 4G 15Gb can-us $30. I assume the extra 5G is for new activations only but I would still prefer the 20Gb instead of 15Gb.

I just submitted a ticket asking if I could have that plan. Just curious if anyone had any experience with something similar to this and if it has worked. And if it doesn’t work, is there still away for me to try to ask again and get the plan, or like switch to some other carrier and then switch back? I don’t mind the hassle of switching but I would prefer less headaches.

Unfortunately, the plans offered to existing customers are different than those offered to new customers.   Sometimes, customers support agents will approve such plan changes, but other times, they will decline the reqauest.  It's important to know that this type of thing is often handled on a case by case basis, so the experiences of others doesn't always give indication of the final result.

Need Help? Let's chat.