cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Plans and Previous Promos

Scotty2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi - I am currently on the $40 plan with 4.5 GB (3G speed).  I also have an additional 2 GB of data from promos I got in the past.  If I change to the new $41 plan with 4GB of data at 4G speed, will I still keep my 2 GB of additional data I received in the past from promos?  Thanks!

32 REPLIES 32

@1952SilverFox- What can I say? I think they're completely wrong. I seem to think I've seen many mentions here by actual customers, regulars or not, that everything stays. And this Scotty2 going further with saying that activation promo items stayed.

As I said, it was a higher up employee who stated here that those activation promos would be removed. Or I'm simply not recalling properly. 🙂 But not about the other freebies.

1952SilverFox
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just tried to confirm, specifically asking about the bonus and Holiday giveaway INTL LD "gifts" I still have, and this is the response I got... "I have checked the information that we have for these add-ons and it's the following: Customers will automatically lose their perks if they change their plan. I apologize for this!".   I would love to switch to the 4G plan for the same as I am paying now for 3G but definitely don't want to lose those particular 'perks".  Extra data bonuses I have are not that important to me as I don't use a lot of data.  Not sure I'm willing to risk taking the chance by switching plans. 

@1952SilverFox- The problem with asking support is that you will get the company line, official policy etc. But regulars here can know a lot more about what actually happens.

Freebie add-ons over the years like data and long distance are safe. You stay on the rewards system you're on and they don't get affected.

As far as I know, and the reply from Scotty2 surprises me, is that activation promos that appear below the Shop Add-ons button in the account are at risk. But apparently even that is YMMV. This policy had been stated by a higher level employee here. Not just a support agent.

So that would be things like the repeating 2gb data. Perhaps one time promo freebies in there are safe.

1952SilverFox

I have been told that this is incorrect. The reply to a ticket I just posted was if you "switch to any 4G rate plan, the bonus data and the INTL min add-ons are lost."  But you retain your rewards.  

1952SilverFox

I just submitted a ticket about this.  I have been told that if you "switch to any 4G rate plan, the bonus data and the INTL min add-ons are lost."  But you retain your rewards. 

@Scotty2   That's great news.  Thanks for clarifying..😊

Scotty2

Yes.  All promos.  Activation promo and all subsequent promos as well.  They all are still there.

@Scotty2   Thanks for updating your thread but can you clarify if the bonus data you mention was activation promo bonus and not PM's holiday gifts or purchased data?

Scotty2

So my account was upgraded to the new plan and all of the add-ons I had before are still there.  My account indeed kept all of the additional bonus data etc that I had before.  So all is good!

@Scotty2 wrote:

Screenshot_20220716-073359_Chrome.jpg

@Scotty2   I would be very careful, the CS agent might not be answering what you were asking

the support was correct that you won't loss any of your existing add-ons, but that could imply those paid add-on you have now and the bonus add-on from Christmas

But you were trying to find out if you will loss the monthly 2GB promotion bonus from activation.  I would reply and ask it boldly and make sure the agent reply it directly

Of course, if you already upgraded, check My Account for couple days and make sure the 2GB is there and kindly report us back

Scotty2

Screenshot_20220716-073359_Chrome.jpg

JL9
Mayor / Maire

@Scotty2 good to know can you post a screenshot of that confirmation in this thread

JL9
Mayor / Maire

lol seems there is a lot of flip flopping from different CSAs on so many issues.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dabr I am planning to upgrade plans. (From $35 to $45) 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Timer   Anything is possible but getting a confirmation that promo won't be lost and reneging on it would be very bad optics for PM. 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

Agree so should qualify but some promo depend on system will keep it or not but if lose can't be add
and the OP need to tried and take a chance.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Timer   From my reading of the highlighted wording in your link, I would say PM is suggesting that the promo won't be lost if switching to another eligible plan, which would have been any plan that was more the $35 (perhaps $25 depending on which promo is being discussed).  OP is moving from $40 plan to $41.25 so should qualify.

@Scotty2   Glad you asked CSA to clarify and yes keep that response should anything go awry.

@LeePublic   Are you downgrading or upgrading your plan?  Perhaps you should ask anothe CSA since OP has had CSA confirm that he won't lose his promo data.

Promo Timing: Provided you switch to a different plan that is eligible for a promo, a promo can be applied when you change your plan immediately or on your next renewal date. If you choose to change your plan on your next renewal date, the promo will be applied the next time your base plan renews. If you cancel the plan change before it’s applied to your account, you will lose the promo.

It could still depend on which 2gb bucket you have. But keep that message from them elsewhere as proof.

Scotty2

I messaged cs_agent and they said I would NOT lose any of my promos/add-ons if I upgrade the plan.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@dabr @Scotty2 

confirm from CS_Agent, When the customer changes the plan, he loses the promos.
Check this link

Things to know about redeeming your promos (publicmobile.ca)

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I just asked CSAgent the same question, and he said I would lose the 2GBBONUS data promo if I switch plans given it was in the terms and conditions of the promo.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Scotty2  

it is strictly YMMV.     There is still a chance that you will lost your promotion even you moving up your plan.  That was what the terms in the promotion said. 

One Senior agent said it once that moving up the plan will no loss the promo, but she only reply on that single post and that can mean only that  only apply to that particular promotion 

To be safe, I would suggest to open ticket with PM CS agent to confirm before you move, unless you don't mind you will loss it.  Keep in mind, the terms of all those promotion clearly stated that you have to stay on the same plan. 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

if any customer has that 2GB Free promo code 2GBBONUS , and doing change plan to higher price is will be not losing and for lower price plan off course will losing,

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Timer   Agree that activation promo data may have conditions but will usually stay unless the customer downgrades to lower value plan.  However, OP can confirm with CSA to clarify the terms of any promo.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Scotty2    Can you clarify what promo 2GB data  you got in the past. Was it at activation or holiday gifts from PM?

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

i know the add-ons is will be keep it and not expiry day until use it all,

but i read for that 2GB Free promo code 2GBBONUS if change plan will losing 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If that promo 2GB was a GIFT and not related to Plan promo, you can upgrade/downgrade your Plan and keep it.

Scotty2

Thanks!

Scotty2

Thanks.  I'll contact cs_agent for clarity.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

There is no need to confirm with CSA's, add-ons stay with the account except for promo data at activation which may have conditions attached to it.

edit:  @Scotty2   What plan are you changing to?  You should be fine if you are upgrading to higher or same value  plan with any promo data.

Need Help? Let's chat.