cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Plan

aclear
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I really needed to switch to the $25 plan with 500MB + bonus 500MB of data but unfortunately missed the date of the start of my public mobile month. Since I am very busy it has been a few days now but I was wondering if I could please switch to the other plan and just pay the extra amount ($10 since I am currently on the $15 plan) so that I can have 1GB of data this month. 

12 REPLIES 12

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@aclear 

Consider this before your next renewal.....you cancel a change plan on next renewalnat anytime before 11:59:59pm eastern on day 30 of your cycle.

• If you change to the $25 plan you will have unlimited calls, texts and 1GB of plan data.
  • If you stay on the $15 plan and purchase the $15/1gb data add on it will cost $30 but you will have unlimited texts, incoming calling, 100 outgoing minutes, 250mb of plan data and 1GB of add on data that doesn't expire and rolls over every 30 days until completely consumed.

If the sole reason for changing plans is the 1gb of data do you think you will use the entire 1GB? Or do you just need maybe 500mb extra? Or 750mb more? With the add on you pay a little more ($5) but any unused data after you use up your 250mb of plan data will roll over for use the following month.

So if you end up needing 750mb of data (250mb of plan data+500mb of add on data) you will have 500mb of add on data roll over to the following 30 day cycle. If you stay with the $15 plan the 500mb of add on data+250mb of plan data=750mb for your second 30 day cycle. This will make the average cost of your plan $22.50/30days (2×$15 plan=$30+$15/1gb=$45÷2=$22.50.) 

If you find you are using about 1gb then go ahead with the scheduled plan change. If you use 500mb or less then you are better off staying on the $15 plan with the $15/1gb add on. If you supplement the $15 plan with the $5/500min add on the first two 30 day cycles work out to $25/30 days but will slowly get cheaper as your add ons deplete til purchasing and replenishing again.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Equivalent of $10 anyways or 10 points redeemed

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Stick with the old plan. If you bough the 1GB add on you would pay 15, with points you would get it for $10 but your rewards system is still miles better

aclear

ok great thanks

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@aclear   That's a standard message for anyone who activated with a promotional data add-on (usually limited for a few months, but depends upon the promotion).  That's only relevant (normally) for activating on plans of $25+.  It's shouldn't be a problem for the $15 plan as there hasn't been any promotional data add-ons that I can recall for that plan.

aclear

It's saying "After changing your plan, you will lose your current promotion." What does this mean?

aclear

ya that's exactly what I understood, so I didn't want to switch. thanks sounds like a plan 🙂

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@aclear   Do not switch to the new points system to save on the purchase of add-on data.  You'll lose the $2 autopay discount and will instead earn 5% back in points for your payments and add-on purchases on the points system.  You'll also lose loyalty rewards and will instead receive 10 points annually.  Most importantly, once you switch there's no going back to the old rewards!

BTW, you can purchase the add-on data to tide you over until renewal but also schedule your plan change at the same time for the next cycle.

edit:  here's a link for the announcement explaining the new points system:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Public-Points-Rewards/td-p/...

ZuckMark
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Please understand PM is PREPAID-PAY AS YOU GO- PAY AND TALK service, if you want proration or premium service be a POSTPAID MONTHLY CONTRACT service.

aclear

I see I feared that it wasn't possible. Ok ya it would probably just be better for me to buy an the data add-on. @JL9 I am still on the old system, how much of a discount does the new one give you for add-ons?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

They can not prorate it unfortunately, only options are as laid out above. Are you on new rewards system or the old one, if the new one you can get a 1GB data add on with points at a discounted rate 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

- If you select to switch NOW, you will be charged full amount and not only difference and your new billing day will start from Now. If you do not mind paying for two plans in the same month and you are desperate to switch, you can do it but not recommended.

- Better way to switch plan is to Schedule plan change on next renewal.

Meow_1-1652978542243.png

Meow_0-1652978514272.png

If you need more data consider buying add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.