cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch numbers without losing legacy account

WifiCallingPls
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

i have searched but can’t find the answer to this question. In short, I really need wifi calling and can’t wait anymore for Public Mobile to implement it (if ever) so I’m going to have to to switch to Koodo. However, I have older Public Mobile accounts and don’t want to lose my monthly bonus discounts. 

I have Public Mobile accounts: Account 1 with phone number A and Account 2 with phone number B. I would like Account 1 to be switched to phone number B and phone number A will move over to a new Koodo account. I’ll have to cancel Account 2 which is disappointing as it is also an older one with a few discounts, but not worth the $13/month to keep it going. 

Question is: can I make the above number/account switches without cancelling my Public account and what order should I do things in to do that?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

WifiCallingPls
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Gasp! Not what I was hoping to hear. 

Thanks for your help!

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@WifiCallingPls hi sorry that is not possible once a number is moved that account is closed 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@WifiCallingPls  - switching phone numbers between public mobile accounts unfortunately is not something that is currently allowed. You could ask a CSA, but it has been said before they will not do this any longer.

Need Help? Let's chat.