cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from esim to physical sim

JPL44
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

Just curious if anyone knows if I can switch my Public Mobile esim to a Public Mobile physical sim card? and can I keep my existing phone number when doing this?

I have had issues with some sites needing to send me verification text codes and saying my provider is not supported. I’m assuming this is since it’s an esim? 

Thanks in advance! 

4 REPLIES 4

JPL44

it’s 604-612 !

@JPL44 yes, to the system, they classified VoIP as landline as well

any chance you can tell us what is your area code and the next 3 digits?  would like to do a look up for the origin of the number

JPL44

Oh thank you so much! That is so annoying because my number initially was a mobile number but I had it ported as a VOIP phone before switching to Public. I think the VOIP phones appear as landlines. Is there any way of fixing it? Or would I need a new number

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JPL44 

yes, you can switch to any other sim (physical or esim) and keep the same phone number

BUT, the issue you got about text has nothing to do with eSIM or phsyical

the reason you got the error was because you are using a number that was originally a landline

Many systems have no way to find out if the number belongs to a mobile provider now.  All they base on is the origin of the number by the area code and the next 3 digits.  So, if the number was originally from a landline, no matter which mobile provider you moved to , the system will still see it as a landline

Need Help? Let's chat.