cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspension

metalhead
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I just reactivated my account but I wanted to switch plans but it only brought me to the cart to pay. I wanted the $40 plan but I'm stuck on the $15 plan. How do I fix this?

9 REPLIES 9

metalhead

Thank you for your reply. I have an agent helping me now.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@metalhead 

you can Change plan now if you want...but you'll pay for new plan right away and you won't get any refund or pro-rated cost. You'll lose whatever talk and data you haven't used on the current $15 plan.

If you Change Plan Now and forcibly interrupt your current plan cycle, you'll lose whatever minutes/data provisions remain unused on your plan ... but you also instantly start up the new plan with new provisions. Some people around here do this to deliberately "refresh" their data provision (or at least, it was somewhat common practice some years ago when the top-plan data provisions were much smaller).

You also won't collect (old) Rewards for the cycle. This might be different with (new) Points because they are rewarded for spending money. I honestly don't know and have no ability to test without losing my Rewards.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@metalhead 

Usually within an hour.

metalhead

I sent a private message. How long does it take for an answer?

metalhead

OK thanks I will ask customer support.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@metalhead 

Have you used your service yet? If not try asking customer support if they will switch your plan for you? No guarantees but they will probably do so since you want to upgrade your plan. Contact customer support by clicking on SIMon at the bottom of your page to submit a ticket 

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up wait times but expect a reply within an hour.

@metalhead 

you can Change plan now if you want...but you'll pay for new plan right away and you won't get any refund or pro-rated cost. You'll lose whatever talk and data you haven't used on the current $15 plan.

Best is to select Change plan on renewal date. You won't pay until next regular scheduled renewal and it'll automatically upgrade to your selected plan.

If you want...reach out to CSA, plead your case..maybe they'll change it without penalty.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

metalhead

Hi,

Thank you. So I can't change it now? I just reactivated like half an hour ago and it just gave me the $15 plan that I was using before?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@metalhead 

use a laptop then try this but make sure to select Change plan at next renewal..otherwise you pay right away and lose whatever time / data is left on $15 plan.

planupgrade.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.