cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I am new to PM service since last Friday and new to this PM Community forum for couple days..

I understand that the moderator team are working hard after the weekend free SIM and free month promo.  I have no need to contact the moderator team yet.  I have read posts that people do not have service for a few days.  Partly because users do not know what to do. After roaming on this forum for couple days, I know that there is FAQ on how to contact the moderator team.  For a newbie on ths forum, it is hard to find out what to do.

I suggest that to have sticky post on the top of the announcements section for how to contact the moderator team when PM users have problem.  When PM users, with a issue, log in to this community, they will see the "how to contact moderator team" sticky post.

11 REPLIES 11

@dna2016 wrote:

Standing ovation for @NDesai.  That's awesome.  Don't need users like that around here.  Didn't even know you had the Jedi powers to do that, lol. 

Thanks, but i would not call it the "Jedi powers" as we simply move it, not delete, to a place where regular members do not have access. So technically, post count will remain the same. 

@wetcoaster wrote:

@dna2016 wrote:

Standing ovation for @NDesai.  That's awesome.  Don't need users like that around here.  Didn't even know you had the Jedi powers to do that, lol. 

Hopefully with that removal his community contribution (i.e. response total) also gets reduced.  Would suck that even after the removal he still gets a community reward.  Because if he still gets a reward i'm sure it will only keep happening.

This has been an ongoing problem for months and this particular person just doesn't listen or care at all. I'm at the point of not coming here that often anymore since it seems that quantity is valued over quality recently.

Please don't let this deter you from continuing to contribute to the forum in a valuable manner.  There is no way quantity will win over quality and I can't say I have noticed  any changes lately regarding that.  How many Bravo's does this person have?  People just ignore their posts now as they lend no solution or even suggestion to 99% of the posts they respond to.

ETA 204 posts and 88 Bravos in 9 months will not have them ranking high for rewards

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@dna2016 wrote:

Hopefully with that removal his community contribution (i.e. response total) also gets reduced.  Would suck that even after the removal he still gets a community reward.  Because if he still gets a reward i'm sure it will only keep happening.

This has been an ongoing problem for months and this particular person just doesn't listen or care at all. I'm at the point of not coming here that often anymore since it seems that quantity is valued over quality recently.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@popping completely understand the need with your suggestion, however I think the main reason why it's not already there is because they want customers to fully utilize the forum and review answers to questions that were already provided for prior issues.  If they put something right up front then most, if not all, will just ignore the forum altogether and go straight to the MODS even for simple questions.  Unfortunately only a few customers such as you and I, know to only involve the MODS for really serious and difficult issues that truly require their services, and cannot be answered/rectified on the forum. Technically the forum should always be the first life line, and the MODS is the second and final life line. 

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

popping

@NDesai

Thank you for your explanation.  It makes more sense now.

srlawren

@NDesai wrote:

Are you frkn kidding me @Anonymous? OP is simply making a suggestion. That's it now. Any unrelated posts of yours, I will not leave it as is. 

@NDesai thank you thank you thank you thank you!  Makes me wish I still had my old oracle powers so I could help!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@popping, there are stickies in each forum topic.  More recently significant effort has been expended to update the knowledge base articles.  These are intended to provide information about the service, including how to seek help.  This particular knowledge base article covers the topic.  Generally speaking, all support inquiries not requiring access to a customer's account are most efficiently dealt with in the public forum.  Support requiring access to a customer's account must be dealt with by the moderator team. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Anonymous wrote:

you need send a private message >> Click here 

In your message put it, please include.

- your Name 

- your account number ,if you have it 

- your phone number 

- your account, 4 digit PIN

- date of birth 

- Detailed explanation of specific your issue

- them can help you a lot nice service Team

Waiting for Response, Community Moderators are available from:

Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT)
During business hours, we strive to answer all customer messages/inquiries as soon as possible. Usually, that is within an hour, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 48 hours of receiving the message.

Good Luck

Are you frkn kidding me @Anonymous? OP is simply making a suggestion. That's it now. Any unrelated posts of yours, I will not leave it as is. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@popping Yes, they understand that, but i think they want new users to post in the community first so other members can help them solve their issue. If users think Moderators needs to be involved as it's an account related issue, then they can contact the mod team. Otherwise, every little problem or questions, people will just send pms to moderators instead of searching and waste their valuable time. 

popping

I know how to contact the moderator team.  But the first time user will have a hard time to find the info.  That is the reason that I suggest to add a sticky post in announcements section so that newbies will see that instruction right away without searching for it.  When you are without service, any minute counts.

Need Help? Let's chat.