cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly cannot receive calls/text messages. Outgoing works fine.

tracy-molyneaux
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been with PM for years and never had any issues. Nothing has changed with my account or SIM card or phone. All that is happening is I cannot receive any calls or any text messages. But I can make calls and send text messages.

I have tried the usual fixes: restarted phone, reset network settings, and other solutions I've seen online. So far, none have worked.

Thanks for any help

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anja 

Try clearing your text app's cache.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anja

Hey. I am in Edmonton and I have same issues but only when I text to USA. They either don't receive or I don't receive. Its annoying. I had Data issues too a few weeks ago. Hope your problem was solved

tracy-molyneaux

Taking out the SIM card alone didn't work.

Taking out the SIM card and putting it into another phone did work. Text and voicemail came flooding in. Then when I put my SIM back in the original phone, it kept working.

No idea why this had to happen. Wish there was a way to know when you're missing calls, etc.!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tracy-molyneaux 

Try the above suggestion by @scypheroth  but try leaving the SIM card out for 10 minutes. Also try toggling airplane mode on/off if you haven't already.

Make a $1 top up payment to your account. Log out and reboot.

Go to the plans or usage page. Click on the lost/stolen feature. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Log out and reboot. **But this causes a glitch with your rewards not applying upon renewal. You will have to contact customer support after renewal to have your rewards applied manually.

Preferably skip the lost/stolen trick and contact customer support to reset your account and reprovision your sim card during CSA business hours.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@scypheroth wrote:

smack dab in the middle of Saskatchewan. donno what happened but i think it might have cost me one or two job interviews since it has been like this for roughly 4 days? once i took out the sim card and put it back in my phone was FLOODED with texts and missed calls....

@scypheroth 

Sorry for what happened, let's hope this was the last of it.

scypheroth
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

smack dab in the middle of Saskatchewan. donno what happened but i think it might have cost me one or two job interviews since it has been like this for roughly 4 days? once i took out the sim card and put it back in my phone was FLOODED with texts and missed calls....

@scypheroth   any chance you are in Edmonton area, too?

scypheroth
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i had this happen to me last night....power down your device and remove and reinsert the SIM card...fixed it for me

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is odd @tracy-molyneaux 

Try your SIM card in another compatible device to see if problem persists.   This will tell you if it's PM's problem and not your device.

If so, let them know:

Customer Support Agents can help.  There are 2 ways to reach them:

1. Create a support ticket by clicking  here , then type Support Ticket, then select Contact Us, then select the topic that more closely matches your requestThen click  Click here to submit a ticket , or,
  2. Send a private message to them by clicking here  

You’ll see their reply in your Community private mailbox in the envelope to the left of your avatar.

Lovely2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@tracy-molyneaux 

try off phone and take out sim card and put it in other devie

or selecting network "3G only" or WCDMA only,
and rebooting device.

Need Help? Let's chat.