cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly, all phone call, and data are down for more than one week, still wait for help !!!

yi8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Last week, someone called me said she got my phone number from public mobile, and she said she will ask for shut down this number since it is not working. But this is my active phone number for a long time in public mobile, and my payment just renew in Oct 6 for 90 days. Right now, all my phone features are down. No phone call in & out, No test message and No data.

But the worse thing is: Public Mobile DO NOT take action to fix this obvious glitch. I sent report to techincal service, did not get any response. I post couple message as well as PM to Mod in the community, no response as well.

How can I do ? I want to leave Public Mobile, but I even could not get my phone number back !!! Wait for more than one week already, so desperate.

17 REPLIES 17

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @yi8

I just sent you a private message! 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

yi8

Mary did issue a ticket to technical department, but my phone is still "No Service". For almost one month, I only can access the WiFi but I still need to pay Public Mobile month fee. How sad it is!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @yi8,

Please check your private messages, I have answered 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@yi8 just as an FYI my issue appears nearly resolved number is back and working

Has any mod contacted you yet?

@yi8 it has nothing to do with database sharing with Koodo

The 2 numbers in my issue, 1 is an actual Public number (no port) and other 1 is a Bell port

yi8

me too, I Ported over from Koodo to PM as well. 

@yi8 any response from mod yet?

yi8

If call in, you will here busy tone. If call out to self number, it will quit right away due to the busy tone as well ? 

admlw

I had this exact same problem. I will share the details in the hopes that someone can benefit from it.

Background info: Ported over from Koodo to PM 5 months ago, and have had zero problems (happy customer).

About two weeks ago, my data stopped working. A few days later, I could not make a phone call. I then received a text message from Koodo saying that I had run out of booster minutes.

After a week of trying to contact PM (as well as contacting Koodo), they discovered that somehow, someone on the Koodo network was able to register my phone number, which was the cause of the problem.

They said that Koodo and PM share the same database (or something like that), so that is probably how it happened.

PM was able to solve my problem after about a week (I was lucky enough to get a response within 4 days, which is much faster than what others are experiencing), but now it seems all my account information has been erased. PM has not responded to my new issues, which has now been about 3 days.

@yi8 if you dial your own number what happens?

Before I could actually dial the other person (with same phone number!)

Now it gives an error message:

"2T2 your call can not be completed"

@yi8 its ok I was only joking (that we both had same number)

My service has been down since Nov 17

Now the Mods seem to have cancelled the new activation at least

But I find it troubling at least 4 veteran members of Public Mobile all claim their existing phone numbers were given to people doing new activations

This is a serious problem

It was bad when I thought I was only 1

Now it appears this glitch is alot bigger 

yi8

I lost my number since Nov 12. 

Hey also

Even stranger but after reviewing @yi8 post history it seems they had also the old issues I had as well

In the past (like months ago) I messaged Mods multiple times about phantom lockouts of my online self serve account

And then number gets copied also???

Either yi8 had my number (lol) or Public system has been doing this a few times

Kinda scary actually

Check this thread out @Rockdaddy22 @SP3CTRYS @srlawren & @imm1304

It actually sounds exactly what happend to me

Somehow my number got assigned to someone else's account

Afterwards my SIM appears dead, my phone number is in limbo, and I have no service

rubantharma

Good luck getting support from PM. Why you think they are cheap? No customer service. You have to wait days to fix your problem. It's a joke! Go to a another provider. Public mobileis for people who don't use the phone..lol

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@yi8 I think this issue also happened to one of our veteran community members @kav2001c. Maybe they can fill you in on some details of their experience. I don't blame you for wanting to leave PM, but really hoping they can help you soon. Wish I had a better answer for you.

yi8

From last friday night, my phone number is locked, I can not call in &out and data is down as well. My plan is 90 days plan and just renewed on Oct 6. At the beginning, someone called my phone and told me that Public Mobile asigned my phone number to her, and she said she will suspend this number. Then all my phone function are gone. I sent priviate message to MOD on Sunday, and send report to Tech, no one reply to me for 4 days. But Public mobile promise replay in 48 hours, how can I do now ?

Need Help? Let's chat.