cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful Ports Thread

outdoorsaddix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As per a suggestion from another user in another thread who thought we needed some positive experiences posted, I am going to try and get this going as I have two very recent successful ports. 

So with all the negative experiences getting posted because of the presumably huge number of new activations due to the $40 promo, lets try and get some positive experiences posted. I figure we can use the following format:

Date of Port

Time of Day

City/Province

Old Provider

Time for Port to Complete 

I have two so I will start us off!

Port #1 (My wife's cell)

Date: Wendesday November 2nd

Time: 11PM

City/Province: Oshawa, Ontario

Old Provider: Fido

Time to Complete: 5 minutes

Port #2 (My cell)

Date: Thusday November 3rd
Time: 6PM
City/Province: Oshawa, Ontario
Old Provider: Telus (corporate plan)
Time to Complete: Less than a minute, pretty much instantaneous 

108 REPLIES 108

magimug
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Nope..2 pm's a day apart and not even read yet...I'm trying to be patient as I understand this promo has them swamped and they are partially down this weekend for maintenance

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Did they give an estimated time of when the port might be successful?

magimug
First phone is still in limbo from the 10th...started SIM activation on 8th..with no access...email and pm'd mod..got response on 10th with site access and data... Based on posts here it looks like I'm in a failed port situation

Rockdaddy22
@magimug what's the status on that first phone? How long has it been and have you spoken to anyone?

magimug
Date:Fri Nov 11
Time: 4-6 pm
Prev provider: Virgin
Completed sim registration ...ported number about 30 min after confirmation...son got txt about 1he later that port was success
Wish I would of chosen a PM number then ported on the first phone I tried...still in port limbo with that one

bplus
Date: Saturday, November 12
Time: 6:00 pm
City/Province: Vancouver, BC
Old Provider: Telus
Time to Complete: 2 minutes

2nd port just as successful as the first

stovikk

Date: Nov 12, Saturday

Time: 6:30 PM

City/Province: Edmonton, AB

Old Provider: Koodo

Time to Complete: pretty much instant.

Web page where you change number didn't give me any confirmation. It stayed as if I am still entering data to port a number. I decide to wait and see what happens. It turn out all OK. It took 3 mins to receive email from Koodo that account is closed. This is my fourth line on Public. However, my line #2 hasn't completed port yet. It's been about two weeks now. Old koodo account ($48 MB/SK in AB) was closed. 

UDP7

Date: Thursday, November 3

Time: 1PM

City/Province: Oakville, Ontario

Time to Complete: ~15 minutes

rofo

Date: Wednesday, November 10
Time: 8:30pm
City/Province: Stouffville, Ontario
Old Provider: Zoomer Wireless
Time to Complete: 45 mins for full port to complete

2nd Port (Wife's iPhone)

Followed the same steps as I did previously with my phone.

Devil_tear
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Rockdaddy22 i meant that i can text anywhere in the World from anywhere in Canada... guess i should have been more specific! 🙂

Rockdaddy22
International texting 🙂

Devil_tear

Date: Tuesday, November 9
Time: 5:25pm
City/Province: Edmonton, Alberta
Old Provider: Wind Mobile
Time to Complete: 10 minutes with Number Port

Only one small glitch when i was activating my account and asked for the port. I used my account number and my PIN and the system would not accept my request. decided to use my IMEI and everything went smooth after that. i was surprised! in a very good way!!! 🙂 ready to enjoy my province wide calls and my Canada wide text and Data!!! 😄

outdoorsaddix

Bumping for visibility this morning. Lets get some of today's successful ports in the thread!

And if you are on the fence and this thread is helping you decide that yes you do want to switch to PM, there is now only 10 days left on the promo so get your SIM card ordered ASAP!

rofo

Date: Tuesday, November 9
Time: 7:25pm
City/Province: Stouffville, Ontario
Old Provider: Zoomer Wireless
Time to Complete: 45 mins for full port to complete

Instead of porting my phone number at the time plan/account setup/activation, I chose pre-assigned PM phone number and activated my account/plan.  Once activated, I tested all functions, data, inbound/outbound calls and text messages to ensure everything is working as expected.  

I then proceeded to the "change my number" option that was on my account to start the porting process. The only information that i provided to port my number was my Zoomer account number, my name that was used on the Zoomer account, and my alternate number (I used my home line and not my cell #).  I checked the authorised box and enter my cell phone number, and hit the check availability button, and then continued with the process.  About a 1 minute wait, the webpage stated that the phone number change was successful, and I was able to see my old phone number on my account.  

About 45 minutes later, I get a text message stating that the transfer was successful to PM and welcoming to the PM family.  

edaisyz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

ported from Rogers on Nov 3rd.  Waited about 40minutes to get the confirmation SMS messages but no issues whatsoever.

holly_s

I originally had the dreaded account activation error. I received my PM SIM yesterday (Nov. 7th), and attempted to activite my SIM around 1 pm EST. I then created an account on the community, and sent a private message to a mod. I never heard back, it hadn't been read, so I deleted it as my issue is solved. 

I contacted PM via their twitter account, and they sorted out my account activation error. I then signed out, signed back in and ported my number from Telus with no issues what-so-ever. (Had to restart my iPhone, but no issues, that I'm aware of, after that.)

I then signed up my sister. Account activition was successful! Again, I originally signed her up with a PM number, logged out, logged back in and ported her Telus number. Again, no issues with the port. However she had to restart her iPhone twice to get the correct phone number to show up.

I'm hopeful that this means that PM's database issues are lessening, as it worked perfectly for my sister's account.

I hope this is of some help to those still suffering issues! 

Here are the official stats:

My iPhone:

Date: Tuesday Nov 8th

Time: 6:18 pm EST

City/Province: Toronto, ON

Old Provider: Telus 

Time to complete: 17 hours (because of account activation issue, port of number from Telus was immediate)

My sister's iPhone:

Date: Tuesday Nov 8th

Time: 6:28 pm EST

City/Province: Toronto, ON

Old Provider: Telus 

Time to complete: ~5 minutes

(I forgot to add, that when I ported the numbers from Telus the only fields I completed were acct. #, PIN #, alt phone number and account owner name.)

outdoorsaddix

Just bumping for visiblity. Want to keep this thread live and visible during the promo so people trying to make the decision to switch can see it. Only 12 days left!

call-151

Date: Monday Nov 7th

Time: 11AM

City/Province: Vancouver, B.C.

Old Provider: Telus (and BC Cellular) since 1990

Time to complete: 15 minutes

The process could not have been easier!  A bit finnicky with the credit card / billing address info but that's about it.

Zenmaster28

I ported my wife's phone from Telus last night.  I had a timeout the first time I tried and had to start over but the second time it worked fine.  As soon as I switched the sim card, everything worked immediately, data and voice.  Telus also immediately sent me a "sorry to see you go..." email.

Date of Port: November 6
Time of Day: 8:00 PM
City/Province: PEI
Old Provider: Telus
Time for Port to Complete: ~5 minutes

Rockdaddy22
People get scared reading these forums. I try to assure people it's only a tiny percentage of people who actually input everything correctly who experience issues with activation/porting.

batman

Date of Port: November 7
Time of Day: 8:30 AM
City/Province: Edmonton, AB
Old Provider: Fido
Time for Port to Complete: ~5 minutes

Was expecting port-pocalypse but it was really fast and smooth.  Happy with the experience so far.

wingnut092

We ported our son's iPhone 5s from Rogers last weekend and it was pretty much instantaneous.

Port

Date: Sunday October 30

Time: 11am

City/Province: Toronto, Ontario

Old Provider: Rogers

Time to Complete: Less than 3 minutes

So simple.

Rockdaddy22
My mom also came from virgin a few months ago, she's been loving it.

fireapple
Date of Port: November 2nd
Time of Day: 8:00PM
City/Province: Calgary, AB
Old Provider: Virgin
Time for Port to Complete: ~30 minutes

PM is being great to me so far 🙂

@awesomeness that link is a featured topic that @Val_T posted on Thursday... glad you were able to find it through other means. Here's her post: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/For-new-customers-How-to-Port-Your-Num...

Do-it-yourself porting is definitely more daunting than calling up (or waiting in a store) and then having someone do it. If you're not very receptive, you may run into problems, but as @Rockdaddy22 has been saying, it makes him happy when people are successful with their own ports! He's the porting cheerleader! Robot LOL

Rockdaddy22
I love seeing people port themselves, it's nice to see.

awesomeness

Activated/Ported in 5 mins.

Date of Port : Nov 6

Time of Day :9:48 PM

City/Province : Markham/ON

Old Provider : Koodo

Time for Port to Complete  : 2mins

Selecting the 40$/12GB plan got me confused as there was no "direct" plan . Took me few mins searching the forums and ended up with this awesome link:

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/how-to/how-to-port-switch-public-mobile/

^^ should be made sticky.

Took 2 mins to port from Koodo after new number activation.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-Number-From-Koodo/m-p/86934#U8...

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

One of my friends just ported

Date of Port  Nov 6

Time of Day.  9 pm 

City/Province. Toronto ON

Old Provider Bell

Time for Port to Complete 5 min

gurkan
I activated two accounts. One for my fiancée and one for myself. Her's had 0 issues. I only had a timeout page come up when I clicked proceed on one of the pages, so I had to restart my activation. However one I finished the activation, I already started receiving text messages about my pin, while my Koodo sim was still in my phone!

Port #1 (Fiancée)
Date of Port: Saturday, November 5, 2016
Time of Day: Evening (~9 PM Mountain)
Old Provider: Virgin Mobile
Time for Port to Complete: ~10 minutes

Port #2 (My Own)
Date of Port: Saturday, November 5, 2016
Time of Day: Evening (~9:30 PM Mountain)
Old Provider: Koodo
Time for Port to Complete: Instantaneous

inkubux

Date: Friday November 4
Time: 11AM
City/Province: Montreal, Canada
Time to Complete: 2 Days, but really 3 minutes

The instructions were to create a new number for koodo members and use the contact-us functionality. That is what I did but after 2 days and a half still no response from anyone. I've digged in to the community forum and I saw some people having a successful port through the My account portal. I proceeded as per the forum post, and my phone was ported instantly.

I had to check availability twice on the port form as received an error saying I need to be authorized, second time it went through.

Need Help? Let's chat.