cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful Port from Koodo

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

So I just helped my Sister in law successfully port over from Koodo.  I was on the phone with her while doing this.  First we activated sim with a new number and different email then Koodo account.  Made sure everything was up and running on it then went onto the port.  At first she got the error that she wasn't authourized so we just went back out and back into teh page a few times and that error cleared and she was able to proceed.  I know there must be some issues that are caused by the system but I am also wondering what percentage of errors are user error.  That was the 3rd port over 2 from Rogers and in Koodo and no issues with any.

My last text to her was Welcome to Public Mobile enjoy your saved money!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

7 REPLIES 7

rufryda
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Guys

i was able to port koodo to public mobile without MOD support via same email or not same email.

Just go on the change phone number screen and type in phone number + hit check eligibility. Enter in koodo account number, authorization number and name. After that check the authorization box and hit confirm.. it will fail saying not authorized blah blah.. hit check eligibility again and the check box for authorized should stay checked without you checking it. After hit confirm again and it should go through!

hope this helps.

@imm1304 yes I feel that sometimes people give up to soon and expect others to fix it or get it done.  We had a safety plan of a new number or just keeping the koodo sim in.  I let her know the posibilities of her nubmer not being available for awhile if there was an error explained all the web based service only to her and she was all good.  She was even happy to hear the promo price stayed after the original 90 days she thought it would go back up but was still happyt hat she would be saving money

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

In that case, its good that you were persistent.  Most would have given up and would then be stuck waiting for help for several days.  

@imm1304we were checking the box first and it still gave the error that is why I was telling her to try it again. So that was a little weird but all the advice here does help!!   Some little bugs in the system that can be a pain but by creating a new number atleast you have your PM sim in and up and running if you run into errors

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @ShawnC13,

Happy to hear that you got a last minute activation AND a ported from Koodo successfully.

Clicking the "I am authorized ..." box before entering any info usually avoids the authorization error.  

I have overseen 6 ports without any errors as well.  I simply was lucky I guess... but I did doublecheck and was extra careful about all the info I entered.  

Yes that is why I made sure I posted.  Like I said I walked her through it over the phone only hitch was going into change number a few times for it to say she was allowed but it all worked

bbdata
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Great to hear a success story amist all the negativity in the forumns right now.

Need Help? Let's chat.