cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success transfer my number to Public Mobile

syantixmanjah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I'm new on Public Mobile and new also transfer my number by myself.

I have  question, do I should call my previous call center carrier for removing database?

Because I'm still able login self care on my previously account.

4 REPLIES 4

syantixmanjah

thank you @drmartin for reply

syantixmanjah

Everything is going well transfer to Public Mobile @computergeek541, but I still able login to my previous carrier. Is it ok?

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@syantixmanjah wrote:

I have  question, do I should call my previous call center carrier for removing database?

Are you sure that the number transfer is complete?  It is only complete after you receive a text message from Public Mobile that confirms that.  Once that process is complete, the service at the old carrier is automatically cancelled.  Generally, it is a very bad idea to call the old carrier to camcell.  Not only is that processs supposed to be automatic, but if the old carrier's service gets cancelled before the number transfer has finshed, you will actually cause the number port to fail.

Yeah! 

Take a read about what the CRTC says about it:

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/num.htm

@syantixmanjah wrote:

Are you sure that the number transfer is complete?  It is only complete after you receive a text message from Public Mobile that confirms that.  Once that process is complete, the service at the old carrier is automatically cancelled.  Generally, it is a very bad idea to call the old carrier to camcell.  Not only is that processs supposed to be automatic, but if the old carrier's service gets cancelled before the number transfer has finshed, you will actually cause the number port to fail.

Need Help? Let's chat.