Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Activation

Chris937
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi guys,

I've got one question, here are the facts:

Bought a Public Mobile SIM at Walmart in Canada today and thought everything would be fine and activated (turned out it isn't). 

I chose the plan with 4 GB of data and unlimited calling and texting for 40 CAD/month and got my SIM right away. I updated my APN to sp.mb.com and didn't change anything else.

I received an email prompting me to sign up for my self-serve account, but when entering my phone number and the 6-digit code sent to me via sms, it always sends me another 6-digit code after entering the previous one (tried that for about 6 times).

I paid 40 CAD at Walmart for my first month of my plan, but this doesn't seem to show up at my account, because when I dial *611, I get an error message saying "sorry, your service has be temporarily suspended. Please make a payment to resume your service.". 

I don't really know what to do at this point other than reaching out to you guys in the community. I hope that someone of you can help me out as I'm really confused and annoyed at the difficulties I'm facing here. 

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Christian

Btw I am using an iPhone 6S Model 1688 which should be a "World-Phone" so it should be able to operate with the Public Mobile bandwith frequencies.

2 REPLIES 2

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Chris937, is your service working?  Is setting up the self serve account the only problem?  In any event, you will need to contact the moderator team for support.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

hi i you will need to contcat the mods for help.  they can be reached via private message.  please include your sim number

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-") to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

Need Help? Let's chat.