cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription for new activations is better than current clients

Bkle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I get the $21 subscription with 3G of data that is available for new activation without cancelling and reactivating under a new email? There is no one to talk to 😢

why isn’t the deals available for exiting customers?? 

11 REPLIES 11

Jimbit

All I had to do was open a ticket through messages with a cs agent. I said I wanted a plan that was only open to new activations. They did it for me with no problem and just had me add the funds on my account.  They switched it for me right away,  no hassle

Bkle

I do have that plan option. I was hoping to get the $21 for 3G. The extra data makes a huge difference to a teen … 

Bkle

It’s not fair to those that have been loyal and cannot get the same deal. They can entice new customers but may also loose old ones for not providing them the same deals 

Bkle

I am looking at the no name plan and this is why I want to switch. The plan is for my daughter - which she can use a bit more data for $19 bucks she can get 2gs of data without me having to pay to much more for. PM is all online too. I hate the fact that there is no one to talk to. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Bkle  There is a $19 plan for existing customers but it is 1GB of data instead of 3GB.  You need to log in to your account to see it.  

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The problem with porting out and back in is you will lose any referrals, and PM wins. If you stay, PM keeps you from switching to a cheaper plan, PM wins again.

Stonechucker1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm in Ontario, I was looking at freedom, PC Mobile, no name mobile, and all of those were very similar to public mobile.

I'm thinking of jumping ship. I hate reading all these issues complaining about how Public Mobile works and I was here back in 2015 when I first joined got the 2016 big promotion, and haven't paid more than $40 per 30-day cycle or $120 per 90 day cycle since I've been here. I'm currently on the $40 currently listed plan but I'm going to drop to the 34 on my next renewal which is in a couple days.

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There Are other carriers out there that have plans close to what pm giving new customers like no frill or fizz there giving 2gig for 19$ so you are not having to pay 90 days up front for the 19$ choice. So it doesn't hurt to shop around. There may be even better deals if you look around. If you really want to stay with pm send them a ticket and tell them your going to take your money to another carrier and link one of the other plans and they might give you the plan you want.

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Sorry, but this how PM is doing business those days.

Some lucky existing customers have received a SMS offer to add $21 3GB plan to their account.

if you have not received that, you need to port out to another provider, then post back in as a new member, you can still using your old email on the new account.

Mimipanda
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Seems like providers are continuing to play this game, which inturn they lose customers but don't be loyal to one carrier. Always be willing to jump ship as they will realize eventually when enough customers are lost.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Bkle 

The idea is to entice new customers to join. Honestly, just play the game. Port out and then port back in. Public Mobile realizes they may lose you but they are willing to take the risk. Just find the cheapest provider to port to.

Need Help? Let's chat.