cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription Change

Claudepoirier
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I just transferred my phone number to Public Mobile, less than 1 month ago. When I signed up, I got the 40GB plan for 34$/month. Now, the same plan offers 50GB. Considering I literally just joined Public Mobile, can I get the 50GB plan? I know it says that it's only available to new customers but i literally just joined... Otherwise, i could just go back to my old provider and then, comeback to PublicMobile... 

9 REPLIES 9

Claudepoirier
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We It's not a matter of threatening... If just Common sense... If I have a better plan elsewhere, why would anybody stay with their provider? My question is because, I'm already a customer here. It's much easier to accomodate me while I'm already here, then to win me back. It's also a lot less expensive to satisfy a current customer than to acquire a new one... 

Considering what I see, I'll simply port my number to Freedom mobile where I can still get the 50 GB plan, since Public Mobile wouldn't give it to me... Just common sense. 

Void
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've heard there are more competition in Quebec.

You can look at the available plans in Quebec here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/plans#ALL

klr4evr

@Void wrote:

OP's probably from Quebec.

They get better deals than the rest of us??

Void

OP's probably from Quebec.

klr4evr

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 13.15.47.png

klr4evr

@Claudepoirier wrote:

I just transferred my phone number to Public Mobile, less than 1 month ago. When I signed up, I got the 40GB plan for 34$/month. Now, the same plan offers 50GB.

Where are you seeing this 50GB/$34 plan as being an offer??? I'm not seeing any 50GB plan at all.

Leaving Public isn't going to solve anything. You can't be a new customer twice.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Claudepoirier 

threatening to leave PM doesn't carry any weight around here. What I'd suggest is to hang around for the Christmas / New Year season...see if PM has some offers that might make you happy. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If it says 'new customers only' then you as 'old' customer are not eligible for these kind of promotions.
Look at other plans you might find find something suitable to you. BUT if you find, do NOT change plan Now but do schedule plan change on next renewal or you will be charged immediately for new plan cost.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Claudepoirier 

sorry, once you joined, you can no eligible for those "new activation" deal.   😞

Need Help? Let's chat.