cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submitting a ticket for someone else

lcarol
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I helped someone get set up with their first smart phone and am their "support person" as they're not too computer savvy. He said he got a message from PM that his account was suspended but I haven't been able to view that message - he's in another province. He can't sign into his account so I tried resetting the password but it still doesn't work. He is able to text but not make or receive calls. When I try calling him it doesn't ring. He is away from his home and doesn't have access to his computer. When I tried doing the chat with Simon it was all automated and I couldn't describe the issue. How can I resolve this issue?

5 REPLIES 5

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@lcarol  I'm sure by now you've worked your way through to the CSAs to help your friend. My experience of these situations has led me to always maintain access to those accounts; i.e. you should know the usernames and passwords. It's the only sure fire way to help technically challenged friends/family.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You could ask for assistance for somebody else but you would have to know all their personal details. You can explain agent your situation and hope they agree to assist you. Usually, person needing support should contact agent unless user is minor.

To contact agent:

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

For issue you have, you will have to log in into friend's account and see if account is active and if bill is paid on time.

Did friend recently port number to PM?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Any community user can ask for support for any account. The user just needs to be able to pass all the verification checks.

Ask the person to read you verbatim what the message said. It might just be the heads up text before renewal. You can also dial 1-855-4pu-blic and enter his number to hear the current status.

Is he using an iphone and on wifi?

You can also make a payment in that toll free service from the registered credit card if you know the 4 digit account pin. Or not using the pin and buying a voucher and entering it in there. You can even use real time payments in some stores and pay int to any account by way of phone number.

lcarol
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's awesome - thank you!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @lcarol it is hard in this situation 

If you know enough of his info, you can try to open ticket, but PM will ask you all kind of personal info questions to validate 

Message them here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.