cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen phone

Whiskeyjack604
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got my phone stolen before i could register the number online and i need it disabled before anything happens. How would i go about that?

6 REPLIES 6

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Whiskeyjack604   did you try to do anything with the different Findmyphone service?

Apple: https://www.apple.com/ca/icloud/find-my/

Google: https://myaccount.google.com/find-your-phone

Samsung: https://findmymobile.samsung.com/

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Whiskeyjack604 wrote:

I got my phone stolen before i could register the number online and i need it disabled before anything happens. How would i go about that?

@Whiskeyjack604  - I am unclear if you are a current Public Mobile customer yet or not.

Did you activate and get charged for a SIM card activation recently?

Or, are you saying you are an active customer but just never created your My Account/Self Serve online account yet?

If you are not a current customer or active within 90 days, then you do not currently have an account with Public Mobile to list your phone into lost/stolen status.

But, if you are a current customer or active within 90 days and have not created any online account yet, you will need to contact customer support as suggested.

If SIMon Chatbot is causing you issues, you can also contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

If you have a credit card registered to your account you can also call # 1-855-478-2542 to remove Autopay (you will need your Account PIN to do so), while you wait for a CSA response.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Whiskeyjack604 

Contact a CS_Agent and blacklist the phone and go to your Self Serve account then on Plans and Add-one tab click on Lost/Stolen phone.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Whiskeyjack604 

Why are you concerned about "disabling" you phone which is lost/stolen?

What do you mean "before anything happens"?

Public Mobile is a pre-paid service.  The remaining service available will just be consumed.  

The only thing you may be concerned with is whether they can gain access to your device to get to documents or personal banking information.   Hopefully the device is screen-locked and password protected against that.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Whiskeyjack604 be sure to try find my device / find my phon to possibly track where your phone is.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Whiskeyjack604 wrote:

Contact a CSA and make a ticket by clicking on the chatbot.  Tell them you need to disabled the sim card.  You'll need to prove account ownership by telling the CSA your account PIN.  Buy a new SIM card and phone.  Contact CSA again to change to the new sim.  Create your self serve account.

Need Help? Let's chat.