Thank you for all your help everyone 

12 REPLIES 12

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Huh?

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Amyd 

i understand your situation, they customer support agent will be investigations, you did contact them.

Amyd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That is a part of what I was wondering thank you

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Amyd 

If these calls are not to one of PM's voicemail numbers then ...

Change your Self-Serve login password. Change your email password. Immediately. Also change any "secret question" backdoor password info you might have submitted.

Then, if the problem persists, change your phone number (in Self-Serve) and restart phone.

If you're concerned about fraud/theft, order a new SIM card from PM (a new, unopened, unused SIM card, straight from PM, not from any third-party vendor). Maybe you'll have to actually pay the full price of $10 $5, no discount, but it's a small price to pay to assure yourself that you're getting an uncompromised SIM card.

If you're paranoid (like me) then - after you've activated the new SIM card and confirmed it works - scrub the number markings off it. So that (most) people can't read your SIMID number if they get physical access to your phone.

Also dig through your device settings and enable the security feature which prevents anyone from viewing or changing device settings without a PIN/code. So nobody can read your SIMID number if they're using your device (you lend it to them during a phone call or whatever).

Treat your SIM card as a "trust no one" deal. If they're not paying your phone bill then there's simply no reason for them to need to know your SIMID number.

Are all of your services otherwise working normally? Calls? Texts? Data?

Was this reminder from 611 and did it warn you of having 10 minutes left? That would mean you're on a limited minute plan like the $15 plan. Or was this you trying to make a call and a recording told you were out of minutes? Is your account saying active? What recording do you get when you dial 611?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Amyd wrote:

No mostly local #s and on days and times I was definitely not on my phone. I only looked at my usage because I got a reminder that I was out of phone minutes and there was no way I could be.

@Amyd well that is weird. I've read other posts in the past about details showing unknowns like this. How is the possible, though really?

Look, if I were you, and I didn't know any of these numbers I may inquire to CSA about them. What do they say?

Have you googled some of the numbers, to see if you recognize any?

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Amyd 

Edit: How can the device phone with you on it a sim card and it works with and you see numbers being stolen this is illogical, how is that possible. check out the number.

ask support team by CS_Agent  to check out.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Amyd 

Can you take a screenshot of the calls and text but remove your personal information?

Amyd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No mostly local #s and on days and times I was definitely not on my phone. I only looked at my usage because I got a reminder that I was out of phone minutes and there was no way I could be.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Amyd wrote:

There is calls and texts on my usage that I did not make

@Amyd - that would freak me out too, if I saw that.

Do any of the number look like the attached link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

If so, these are voicemail numbers. So this would be you calling your voicemail, or people leaving you messages.

Or, are they different numbers?

As for texts, that is more curious. Is it to the the same number or different ones?

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Are you a sleepwalker? 😉

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Amyd 

maybe for voicemail number.

Edit: check out some of this #  list of Voicemail Access Numbers (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.