cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weak or no signal in Binbrook area.

fheslinga
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I live in the Binbrook area and so often I have ‘no service’ on my iPhone. So as a result I can’t use my cell phone to call out from my home. What can be done about this? I’m supposed to be able to call to/from anywhere in Canada.

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@fheslinga - there are a couple of bell towers near you which Public Mobile services would use.

Try some things to see if services are improved:

• toggling into/out of airplane mode
  • remove and reinsert your sim card
  • perform a network reset on your phone..(see below)

Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

@fheslinga wrote:

I live in the Binbrook area and so often I have ‘no service’ on my iPhone. So as a result I can’t use my cell phone to call out from my home. What can be done about this? I’m supposed to be able to call to/from anywhere in Canada.

I suspect that the service coverage is bad in this area, and unfotunately, when that's the case, all you would be able to do is wait until your're in a slightly different locations to use the device.  You can trying using a different device as some have a slightly better antenna, but the difference is usually minor although it could be enough to give you usable service.  As for being able to use the service anywhere in Canada, there isn't any carrier that works everywhere in the country.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@fheslinga 

manually select network 3G only

and rebooting device.

Need Help? Let's chat.