cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen SIM, issues changing to new sim#

mehulmandalia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Community, my phone along with the Public Mobile SIM in it got stolen so I suspended the service temporarily. I bought a new Public Mobile SIM card from Telus store and reactivated the account. After reactivating I tried updating the new sim to my account but upon pressing Save Changes button in the page it does nothing and reverts back to the original page. It is a super frustrating experience and with no support not sure what to do. 

4 REPLIES 4

@darlicious 

Simply suggesting that perhaps (but probably not)  the OP is getting a cached version of the self-serve page and it may be misbehaving with what they are trying to do there.

I have made a habit of not only logging in under incognito, but also clicking the little spinner icon after logging in just to ensure a fresh version of the page is displaying.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

Sorry but I'm not getting the connection between your answer and the OP's question? What is there to refresh in the profile page? Until the Sim card is swapped there is no connection to the network?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@mehulmandalia 

When on the self-serve page, tap on the little refresh icons to ensure you are not on a cached version of the page.

After each step try rebooting your device so that the SIM card initiates a fresh connection to the network. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mehulmandalia 

Log out. Clear your browser and log in using secret/incognito mode. Report back if it still won't save the changes.

Need Help? Let's chat.