cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen Phone

IllesSabi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello there. To whom it may concern, I had my phone stolen a day or two after adding a top up. And after being unable to unfortunately recover the device, I was wondering if I could possibly get a refund on the top up amount please?

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@IllesSabi 

Well that sucks! When is/was your renewal? If your renewal has not occurred yet then suspending your service via lost/stolen will prevent the payment system from debiting your available funds for your plan renewal. If you use lost/stolen before midnight eastern on day 30 of your cycle your voicemail will remain active.

You can access your voicemail from another phone by dialing your number. Once it connects press "*" and enter your 4 digit ( usually) voicemail pin # to access your voicemail services.

Once you purchase a new SIM card and acquire a device to use your services resume your service via lost/stolen and use the email 2FA option to swap out your SIM card in your self serve account.

You can file an online police report to report your device stolen and note your file # so that you can contact customer support to have your device blacklisted. If you do not have the IMEI # of your device (from the original box? receipt?) contact customer support before you swap SIM cards and they can give you your stolen device's IMEI # for your police report file.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Get the imei blacklisted so you have at least a chance to recover it down the road and at the very least make it more difficult on the scumbag who stole it.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you intend to continue to be a Public customer then you should log in to your account and use the lost/stolen function to suspend your services so that if someone has your phone then they wouldn't be able to use your services.

Then with a replacement unlocked compatible phone, buy a sim and log in and change the sim on the account to the new one and then use the lost/stolen function to resume your services. Insert the sim and you have services. If the suspend goes past your previous renewal date then you'll need to top up again.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@IllesSabi 

Unlikely you will get a refund as PM is a prepaid service and PM is not responsible for lost SIM.

But suggest you contact a CS_Agent to Blacklist your phone.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry to hear about this.  It is unlikely you will get a refund as PM is a pre-paiod service.  I do recommend going in and putting your account in lost or stolen so that whoever has your phone can't use it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@IllesSabi Sorry, PM is a prepaid provider and won't provide refund. 

You should however login to My Account and click Lost/Stolen to suspend your service until you find the phone and got a replacement phone.   

Also, head over to a mobile store and buy a new SIM.  When you are ready,  resume your service at My Account and click Change SIM card to update your account with the new SIM you have

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Contact a CSA. But likely no refund. 

Login into your  My Account and suspend service. 

Buy a new SIM and phone....then do a change SIM on your My Account. 

@IllesSabi wrote:

Hello there. To whom it may concern, I had my phone stolen a day or two after adding a top up. And after being unable to unfortunately recover the device, I was wondering if I could possibly get a refund on the top up amount please?

Sorry, but this is unlikely. Public Mobile doesn't offer refunds for unused plans.  You're going to have to purchase a new phone (and SIM card) to continue using the service.  Also, you should note that posting a message here, you aren't asking anyone at Public Mobile but you're rather communicating with other customers.

Need Help? Let's chat.