Did you mean: 

Still expired

jivetalker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Anyone else having a delayed renewal? 

14 REPLIES 14

t_p
Mayor / Maire

Just one of the idiosyncrasies at PM that could throw users for a loop.

Usually, the account status would show "expired" for a roughly 24 hrs period starting on the eve of renewal date and ending the next morning after payment is taken from the funds. As long as you have available funds in your account and service is not interrupted, there is nothing to worry about.

EXCEPT in cases where you have Autopay activated and it failed to go through. So it's always a good idea to keep an eye on that when "expired" turns into "suspended" and you lose service.

@jivetalker   Yes, as long as service is no interrupt, this is ok. 

So, how long was the delay?

@jivetalker wrote:

@esjliv @softech 

No interruption just delayed. Is this common?

@jivetalker 

If you have no interruption with service, and your Self Serve account is saying Expired on your renewal morning/day, yes, this is normal.

I am not sure why Public Mobile does this, but it happens to me as well. It is currently part of the renewal process accounts go through.

chainsawcowboy

@jivetalker 

I've had this happen to me. I would say it's pretty common.

jivetalker

@esjliv @softech 

No interruption just delayed. Is this common?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jivetalker wrote:

Anyone else having a delayed renewal? 

@jivetalker 

If you still had services, this could be your account going through the normal renewal process. The SELF SERVE account can say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew.

So if this is the case, ignore these messages on your SELF SERVE account. 😁

Natstahl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try and restart your phone or taking out the sim and putting back in

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jivetalker 

after 12 pm Eastern Time, your renewal..

and do Reboot your phone.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phoneabout 2 minutes and turn it back on.

@jivetalker  curious, did your service ever got interrupted? 

Yes, we think renewal is simple but PM renewal could take long.  The whole renewal process starts from 6pm the night before (PM starts marking accounts "Expired").  Although you might be charged via Autopay after 2AM, only until after 6AM, PM will start changing accounts back to Active.     I guess today has a long list of accounts to change back to Active and hence you didn't see yours flipped back until 8AM EST or so.

jivetalker

@Helpershelper 

I just checked my account now and it has finally renewed I'm all good to go. Good to hear your renewal went okay as well.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jivetalker 

Everything’s good on my end

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

@jivetalker Do your services work ?  If they don't then contact a CSA.

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

jivetalker

@Triguy 

My rewards have applied and my data has reset but my plan payment has not been taken yet.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Your plan data resets at midnight eastern on the day of your renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.