cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotty Reception

OKJoy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Had some problems with my previous phone but they were manageable. They're much worse on my new phone, though. (Pocophone X3)

Texts will take 1-3 hours to go through, calls get dropped all the time or can't connect. Data speeds are quite slow.

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations?

7 REPLIES 7

OKJoy

lemme do some research, I'll try some of your suggestions and reply back

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

is yours a Xiaomi Poco X3  Indian version or Global version?

did you try in another area?  maybe more "downtown" area instead of just your home?

@OKJoy wrote:

I tried 3G and both calls and data don't work, thx for the suggestion though!

How many bars do you get in 3G mode vs LTE mode? I wonder if you are in an area where Bell has deployed new LTE only towers without 3G. Which city you are in/near?

Also, have you found this behaviour consistent when in other locations as well? To rule out if it's just the area near your home or not...

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@OKJoy 

Try a different messenger app. There's plenty to choose from. If you don't like one then you can uninstall and try another (or just return to your phone's built-in software).

I'm a tinfoil hat paranoid so I recommend backing up all your contacts beforehand, "just in case".

OKJoy

i tried 3G and both calls and data don't work, thx for the suggestion though!

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@OKJoy 

For testing, try disabling LTE and using 3G only (HSPA/WCDMA) to see if it makes any difference, at least for the texting and data portion. (Since calls always use 3G)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@OKJoy , reception performance does vary from phone to phone.  If you are experiencing difficulties with two different phones, then reception may be challenged where you live.  Use this cell tower map to check tower density in your area.  

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=52.000000&lng=-97.000000&zoom=4&type=Roadm...

Need Help? Let's chat.