cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use data with data on

2f
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It says "Currently unable to download try gain later" when my data is on and I have reception. I haven't had data since they gave me bonus data for taking away my rewards that actually lowered my bill.

14 REPLIES 14

2f

I changed old to MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca and MMS Port: 8799 then restarted my phone and it seems to have worked.

2f

It is happening at a certian place and have to test is elsewhere. I can search the internet with data, but cannot send or recieve pictures by using data. It is odd because I have sent and recieved pictures through data in the same location before. It seemed to happen after they traded my money off monthly for data that I cannot use.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am at a loss to explain what is going on, it's not working on 3G or 4G.  Is this problem specific to a certain location or this happens everywhere even in places with much stronger signal?

2f

I have tried setting it back to LTE/WCDMA/GSM and it is still saying "failed MMS" at 1 bar of signal.

@2f wrote:

It now says LTE but has 1-2 bars when 3G used to have 3 bars in the same location. Would it be due to the LTE taking over and having a weaker signal?

@2f , signal strength is not the best determinant of data performance.  3G runs on 850/1900 Mhz.  LTE runs on a slew of frequencies, mostly in the high frequency range as higher frequency equates to greater data rate.  Lower frequency signal drops off at slower rate with distance which explains the difference in signal strength.  Also the LTE protocol is far more efficient than 3G.  Overall, so long as the 4G signal strength is strong enough to sustain a reliable connection, you should exceed 3G performance even if it has a stronger signal.  In my area, the 3G network is so clogged with call traffic that data is unable.  I keep my phone on 5G preferred with connection switching between 5G and 4G automatically.

2f

I have changed network mode to WCDMA/GSM which shows H+ and 3 bars and it says "failed to send" when trying to send pictures.

2f

It now says LTE but has 1-2 bars when 3G used to have 3 bars in the same location. Would it be due to the LTE taking over and having a weaker signal?

@2f wrote:

There is no data limit sets, I have reset the network and it currently says H+ which I never had before. I have 3G data in my plan and haven't used it yet. I also have bonus 4G data that I have never used.

@2f , since you are connected to the 3G network, it could be that your data is very slow to the point of not working.  Are you able to change the preferred network type setting to either of 4G or 5G?  That could fix your data problem.  

2f

There is no data limit sets, I have reset the network and it currently says H+ which I never had before. I have 3G data in my plan and haven't used it yet. I also have bonus 4G data that I have never used.

HI @2f 

Reset all networks is not resetting the phones, just the network settings get reset 

2f

Does this include reseting factory data reset and what will be reset if I reset that option?

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey @2f, have you checked to make sure you do not have any data limits set on your phone?

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@2f  try turning on and off airplane mode from settings. Restart device if necessary. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @2f 

where you are at?  It seems to be a network problem where you are

but first try to reboot your phone, then run Reset All Networks and try again

if you still cannot use data, change the network mode.  Try using 5G, 4G and 3G, one of them should work

Need Help? Let's chat.