cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Offer $21/3gb For Existing Subscriber (me): $19/3gb with 90-Day Subscription?

darethehair1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am on the grandfathered $15 plan (100 minutes with 256mb data). I have been special-offered a new $21/3gb plan. Is this the same plan that is being offered for new subscribers on a 90-day subscription for $19 -- that I can also now have with a 90-day subscription?  In other words, I am being made eligible for the $19/3gb plan?  The text message to me did not mention that variation, so I am unclear.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

@v_v  Is it come with talk and text or just $21/3gb For Existing Subscriber??

Yes it comes with talk, text and data but only for existing subscribers if you received a text offering it.  If you didn't get a text offer there is a $19 30 day plan with 1GB of data at 4G speed available to existing customers.

v_v

Is it come with talk and text or just $21/3gb For Existing Subscriber??

darethehair1

Thanks!  Switched to the $19/90day/9GB plan, which gives me the 3GB per month for $19 that I wanted 🙂

@darethehair1 wrote:

Thanks!  I also see the option, but it is not clear whether that option is for $19/90day/1GB or $19/90day/3GB.  I think I would rather have the pending $21/30day/3GB if I cannot have $19/90day/3GB.

@darethehair1 

I have a similar $15 plan and received that promo text.  I did the scheduled plan for 90 days.  It is for 9 GB for the 90 days.  

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't believe there is a 1 GB 90 day option.  You could always choose the 90 day option, change on renewal and see what the details say.  If it's not the one you want then just cancel it.

darethehair1

Thanks!  I also see the option, but it is not clear whether that option is for $19/90day/1GB or $19/90day/3GB.  I think I would rather have the pending $21/30day/3GB if I cannot have $19/90day/3GB.

@darethehair1 

Some customers have been able to convert to the 90 day version via the PM app.  If your plan has not switched yet, go to the app and see your scheduled plan change.  It should show an option to convert the change to 90 days. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@darethehair1 

I think that the promo text is only for 30 day version.  Still a decent offer IMO. 

Personally, in some ways, I prefer a 30 day plan over 90 days plan even with the $2 discount. Public mobile does not pro-rate plans so if you choose to port to another company earlier in your cycle, you will lost whatever remains.

Also, if a customer (ie.teenager) accidently uses up the 9GB data within the first few days, then will not have data usage for the rest of the 90 days. With the 30 day plans, you will get 3GB every payment cycle.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@darethehair1 , I'm in the same position as you. I got that offer but I only want it if I get the 90 days option.

@EdN  do you know for a fact it will have the option later? Where did you get the drop down.  The fact that there is nothing yo go back to is making me hesitant to change.

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I believe once you accept the $21 3GB plan and it is active if you look in manage subscription you will see the option to change to $19 with 90 day subscription.

It would be worth checking with CS_Agent to be sure.

Lots of YMMV 

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-mobile-19-3gb-4g-new-90-days-19-1gb-4g-existing-unltd-can-cal...

Gonzo2

@darethehair1  Just a heads up that you may lose the ability to return to the $15/mo plan if you upgrade to this one. I don’t have any $15/mo plan available to downgrade to.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@darethehair1  So you would only want it if it was the $19 on a 90 day version?   I'm not sure how that would work, I think you have to say yes to the text but I have no clue if you would then be given a choice between 30 or 90.  If you prefer $19 and don't mind only getting 1GB then that plan is open to existing members but hidden in your account offers so you have to log in to your account to see it.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @darethehair1 it is a valid offer.anu got different offers based on their current plan 

if you like it, reply Yes to take it 

Need Help? Let's chat.