cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something Wrong with the new 4G DATA promo

Giggs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I setup my plan to change on renewal.  It showed everything setup and ready to change on my plan screen.  Today, upon renewal, it now shows my old plan still, and over 2GB data used and it's the morning of my renewal...not even possible to have used that much data(out of the old 5GB plan I had) in the time since I was connected to my homes wifi the while time!  What is wrong with PUBLIC MOBILE THESE DAYS?  THEIR WEBSITES BARELY WORKS FOR ME, EVER!  AND HARDLEY EVER ON MOBILE DATA, AND THEN I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY RELIAD THE SAME PUBLIC MOBILE PAGES OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND WASTE EVEN MORE DATA?  FIX THIS CRAP!  

And then I can't even talk to a real person who has control over my account and stuff. To get this figured out I'm expected to talk to customers who cant tell me why something didnt work the way it said it was supposed to.  LET ME TALK TO AN AGENT!

12 REPLIES 12

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

PM seriously needs to put some effort into fixing this cache issue on their "improved" website. The amount of CX issues they undoubtedly need to spend time on should be enough to justify spending some money on their website. This is a prime example of asthetics being prioritized over function. Sure it's pretty, but it's completely useless if it shows inaccurate information. Not to mention the spinning widgets are slow AF. 

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dust2dust  all good.. 

@Metal1967- I'm still not getting the faraday reference. I know what it is. I don't know what you mean in your context.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dust2dust  crazy.. they think we live in a faraday cage..😂😬

It is utterly ridiculous. They blew the wad on this ridiculous update that seemed to have little to no testing and with that little to no corrections, rolling out this indeed janky website.

The little spinner refresh icons lower down are also very useful for updating the information. They otherwise completely lie saying it just updated.

Giggs

Yes that worked.  It is now showing the correct plan.  Ridiculous that Public Mobile cannot have a website that functions like every other website out there...why does it have to be so janky?  Anyways...thank you for the 8nfo and help.  I will check the speed again in couple of days.  And I'll remember to use a private mode for something that should work no matter what...stupid lazy webmasters be damned!

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@Giggs wrote:

LET ME TALK TO AN AGENT!

If you had paid attention when you signed up with PM you would know that there is NO live support at PM.

Account issues are handled by agent through personal mail and everything else by calm and unselfish customers through postings at Community.

@Giggs yes, Speed change takes up to 48 hours.  So, it is good to test the speed after 2 days

So, did you login using Incognito mode or Private mode?  Is it showing the correct plan and usage now?

Wait 2 days and you will be all good with your 4G speed plan  🙂

Giggs

I'm also downloading via mobile network @1-3Mb/s.  That does not match up even close to the 4G network...so I AM still on the 3G

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Giggs hi you are most likely seeing a cached version of your account try a differrent browser in private or incogninto mode  then try to sign in again,that should clear things up 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Giggs , it is best to navigate the self serve account using incognito mode to avoid viewing a cached web page.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Giggs   could be just a cache issue

Please try to login again using Incognito Mode or try to login with another browser.  With Incognito mode, you should be seeing the real usage 

Need Help? Let's chat.