cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone called 911 from my number.

Thushyanthy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am here to inform that someone has called 911 on the number I had. The police came to my house, and the police told me to inform you about this. No one in my family called 911, and many spams and unknown numbers started calling me ever since I got the phone number. I really need help with this situation

7 REPLIES 7

@esjliv I did a quick Google search to validate my experience with 911 not showing in the call log, and at quick glance it sounds like it's expected behaviour. It would be too easy to redial it again if it was in your call log.

@DennyCrane i wonder if that is provider specific, or true to all providers. Guess I don't want to test it to find out.

@Thushyanthy  - are you thinking someone spoofed your number to call 911? Just wondering if that is what you think happened. I do think it may be more likely it was called by accident.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/london/accidental-calls-to-cops-increase-after-cellphones-make-it-eas....

Yup, this is likely what happened. On my Pixel I did it once by hitting the power and volume up or down button (?) simultaneously too many times and it automatically called 911. It's not a Public Mobile issue, it's a device issue. Read up on the emergency calling shortcuts for your specific phone.

Also @esjliv 911 calls do not save in the call history on the phone. Not sure about the log in your PM account.

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Another possibility is that phones have Emergency SOS call features that are designed to call automatically in certain circumstances. You might have accidentally triggered it, by, for example, holding buttons down.  If you provide details on what phone you have, we can help you see how that is set to reduce your chances of it happening again.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Thushyanthy do you see this in your call history?

Edit, not only do you see this on the phone itself in the recent list, but do you also see it being called in your My Account under the usage area here: https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/plan/usage-details

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Thushyanthy 

are you in control of the phone at all times ? Perhaps you pocket dialled 911 in error. Perhaps a youngster did.

You have the option to change your number if you want.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Maybe a pocket dial, I’ve never heard of phone companies calling 911 on the customers…..

Need Help? Let's chat.