cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some issues with Data and Gmail

QRWN
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Browsing is fine, but when I need to send an email out it goes into Gmail's "Outbox" folder and it continually has a status that goes from "Sending.." to "Queued." Do I need to set something up?

4 REPLIES 4

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@QRWN wrote:

Browsing is fine, but when I need to send an email out it goes into Gmail's "Outbox" folder and it continually has a status that goes from "Sending.." to "Queued." Do I need to set something up?

If using an app, SMTP server needs to be set. If wrong, messages can't be sent.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@QRWN wrote:

@QRWN  Use a chrome browser and access your Gmail account and try to send out an email. Does it work?

Also check all your Settings. Apps like Gmail can be broken when Background Data/Sync is disabled and they become background processes (between uses). Gmail also relies on Google Services, Launcher3, and a bunch of other Googloid pollution - if any of these is disabled or denied permissions then Gmail (and other stuff) can be broken. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@QRWN , try going to the Gmail app, deleting cache, force close, reboot phone.  Check that sync email setting is selected. 

Need Help? Let's chat.