cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service issues at Nimpo Lake, and Anahim Lake, BC

Dandiego2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am unable to make and receive calls at Nimpo Lake and Anahim Lake, BC However I can text and use data. I have a trouble ticket in the system.  Just wondering if anyone else has had issues here. Phone worked fine in Bella Coola.

10 REPLIES 10

slusagm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Dandiego2 

but you tried your sim card using your friend's phone?

sim card usually wont break.  But why not ask support to check.  They might agree to let you buy one and pay you back the cost

you can use the chatbot bubble at the bottom of the page to open ticket, or you can also message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Dandiego2

So yesterday I borrowed a neighbour's active Bell pay as go sim card put it in the iPhone 6 plus and it worked, I could make and receive calls. Maybe it is a bad Public Mobile sim card? But that doesn't explain why others are having issues too. Anyways Public Mobile has escalated the trouble ticket. I got a message from customer service this morning indicating they are working on it.

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dandiego2 

According to Public Mobile's VOLTE whitelist your iPhone 6 plus is not supported but your neighbour's A71 5G is on Telus's whitelist. She may need to either enable it on her device or call Telus to see if it's been provisioned.or the IMS registered. This would confirm the issue is no connection to the 3G network.

Dandiego2

Thanks for the information. Cell service just started here in Jan 2024 and I only became a Public Mobile customer in late May so fortunately I still have my landline. Public Mobile is escalating the issue and I will reply to my message when they find and fix the problem.

RavingRaven

@Dandiego2 

For the time being download textnow or fongo and choose a Canadian phone #. Call forward your Public Mobile phone # to the textnow # (unreachable/unanswered) so your incoming calls when you don't have a voice service network connection will be recieved while on wifi (free) or mobile data (0.5mb/min). You will be able to use it for outgoing calling as well while waiting to find out what's causing the network issue for the lack of voice calling service.

Dandiego2

I am using a iPhone 6 plus. I checked and recheck everything you indicated. Tower was turned on in Jan. 2024. Neighbour on TELUS monthly plan with a Galaxy A71 5G has exactly the same problem since arriving here a month ago, yet phone works at her home in 100 milehouse.

RavingRaven

Third time lucky? Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam......

@Dandiego2 

The Telus towers in your area have seven hundred, eight fifty, nineteen hundred and twenty one hundred Mhz (one is missing twenty one hundred Mhz). What type of phone are you using? Is it VOLTE enabled? Since data and texts work on both the three G and four G LTE networks either you don't have VOLTE provisioned for your device and need to connect to the three G network for calls or if it is provisioned you are having trouble connecting to the four G network ( though likely the former). Edit-try changing to the three G network if this is the case.

Go to your Settings>>About phone>>Sim card status>> Check your signal strength and the network. Try making a phone call and see if your network changes. You can also change to three G only and check the signal strength. Generally the three G signal strength needs to be (at a minimum) above-ninety dBa and the four G LTE above -one hundred and ten dBa but may need to higher for calls not to drop.

It's also possible there is infrastructure maintenance occurring that's causing an issue if voice calls were working in the area previously. You can ask an agent if that's the case by supplying the cell tower #.

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=52.568004&lng=-125.455627&zoom=8&type=Road...

🤞🤞🤞

HI @Dandiego2 

did you try changing the mode to 3G?

Dandiego2

Thanks for the reply. I have put a ticket in. There are a few people here that are also having issues including TELUS subscribers and pay as you go TELUS subscribers, with exactly the same problem. My theory is some data wasn't programmed properly when the cell towers were turned on.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Dandiego2 

try changing the network mode to 3G and try make calls or check if phone connects

to open ticket, since you have trouble with Chatbot, you can submit a ticket using direct message instead.  Please use this link:
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

Need Help? Let's chat.