cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Subscribe: "Something went wrong. Please try again."

velichor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello! I'm attempting to subscribe to a Public Mobile plan, and I keep running into errors.

When I try on desktop in the browser, I get an 'XXX' error code before I'm even able to choose a plan and addons. I learned that an 'XXX' code means you need to use the mobile app.

So, I'm using the mobile app. But it still won't work. This time, I get past the subscription page and all the way to Step 4 of 6: the 'Review & Pay' screen.

THE ERROR
On the 'Review & Pay' screen, I enter all my payment information, and hit 'Pay Now'. When I do, I get an error:

Error
Something went wrong. Please try again.
OK

I've tried two different credit cards that both have enough balance on them, and both have led to the same issue. I am 100% sure the address and all info is correct, and I've tried it many times over the past week. I've tried on several different WiFi networks. All had good connections.

DETAILS
- Phone: iPhone XS
- App is updated to newest version (2.1.0)
- The plan I've selected is the 4G 40GB $29/month plan, with no addons
- I've selected eSIM, and my phone is compatible

4 REPLIES 4

velichor

Thanks! I'll try that 🙂

velichor

Hey there! I've tried several times over the past few weeks. And as for location, I've tried with location sharing enabled.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @velichor 

using app is the correct move

probably a glitch with the payment system.  Wait an hour and try again.  But please grant Location permission for the Public Mobile app (it might be set to disable initially).  Some finds that is what they need to get pass the payment step

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@velichor use the link below to contact public mobile directly for further assistance. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.