Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Solved*

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

This NEEDS to be top priority

Major account problem

I have filed complaint to CCTS as of this morning as no response from any Public Mods yet in past 2 weeks & this is URGENT

@Shazia_K @Mary_M @Saray_O @Val_T @Jeremy_M

2 weeks ago I completed future plan change to the $40 12GB promo plan

I expressed concern for what appeared to be an error message & sent PM to @Shazia_K with no response (appears like PM has not even been read yet)

I noticed yesterday some more oddities on my online account

I was missing a refer credit (my referal said my number was invalid) so I then sent a PM to @Mary_M since Shazia did not respond to previous PM

No response

I then noticed a second strange fact; my online use history showed no use for past 3 days but I was busy so did not think anything about it

Then my phone stopped working

I posted a few threads, tagging Mods again, and sent more private messages which went unread

I even sent a message to @Saray_O

I thought it was garbage I needed to waste my $5 for using a spare SIM but did so

The second SIM also was not working claiming no provision

So I have been unable to use my service despite plan being active and having a balance in my account of over $200 !!!!

Today someone called my number and  . . . . SOMEONE ELSE ANSWERED THE PHONE

So even though my online account is showing ACTIVE with a BALANCE my SIM is NOT PROVISIONED and somehow Public has GIVEN MY PHONE NUMBER TO SOMEONE ELSE with a new activation yesterday ???

I actually called into call centre but it just disconnects claiming no phone support and I need to use online help

SOMEONE READ THIS MESSAGE AND FIX THIS ASAP

80 REPLIES 80

@Saray_O 

I have no idea what happened... I request immediate response again

Whole boatload of errors now

1- My account balance is wiped out (I have lost $199 from my balance!!!)

2- My data is finished (I have lost approximately 5GB of data)

3- All rewards are gone (loyalty, refers, autopay & community)

4- Futuredated plan change to 12GB dissapeard

5- All historical stats (eg total rewards earned, phone use etc) dissapeared 

It looks almost like I have a brand new account????

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire
Interesting. Calling number now generates an error message.
E2 the call did not go through please try again later.

Saray said they identified the issue but they had no idea how it happened.
Essentially they assigned my active phone number to someone else and didn't cancel my account so...
No idea

Said they working at it could take 48 hours

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
They have been for the last 2 Mondays already. Trust me, it's been an insane few weeks.

Vanterax
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Those mods are in for a crushing monday morning at the office.

saje_ward
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm, pleased to see that some people are getting replies. I'm frustrated to see that the more people yell and jump up and down they get help quicker than people like me with two phones with no service who are patiently waiting our turn to get assistance. PMs were sent yesterday.

@kav2001c wrote:

It is interesting Saray says she is aware of issue. In PM box it shows message unread.

Mods must have some way to read without tagging messages as opened

Ohh ya. They can read it in their email. 

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Saray_O please please please help me port my number. I am having to wind mobile for another month of service. I have sent message to @Mary_M , but no reponse

It is interesting Saray says she is aware of issue. In PM box it shows message unread.

Mods must have some way to read without tagging messages as opened

@computergeek541 we shall see

But this issue started on the 17th (although I was not aware of it until the 19th)

So 24hr is already up really

@kav2001c wrote:

@computergeek541 to be clear, service is NOT disconnected

My SIM is not provisioned

I can log into self serve

Someone else on another SIM card is using my service

(Presumably they paid Public but I will be watching my balance carefully)

Yeah, I know but I was just trying to point out how is should be treated as just as critical of an issue because you can't receive any phones calls, and that I believe that anything of this type of nature should be corrected within 24 hours (no matter who the carrier is).

I hope everything gets fixed up for you quickly. 

@computergeek541 to be clear, service is NOT disconnected

My SIM is not provisioned

I can log into self serve

Someone else on another SIM card is using my service

(Presumably they paid Public but I will be watching my balance carefully)

kav2001c,

I'm pretty sure this would qualify as an accidental disconnection connection of service.  I can't recall exactly where (I think it was from reading about 2 different organizations whose names I won't post because those names are sometimes flagged in these forums as "bad words" if using them in messages or private messages for some reason), but I'm pretty certain that I've read somewhere that carriers are required to get service back up running within 24 hours.

I don't have any problems with my curent service, but with my phone number which is originally from Telus, Telus actually managed to  assign it to someone else a few years after I had ported out from them.  I know that's what happened because Telus technical support phoned me when I wasn't even their customer trying to figure out why the Telus subscriber wasn't recieving any phone calls.  In my case,  my service still kept working and Telus was forced to give that other person a new phone number.  For a carrier to be able to assign a phone number that is already in service to a new customer is concerning.

@Saray_O I actually sent the referal error to Mary

I tagged you & Shazia regarding no service issues

My immediate concern is someone else has my number (how???)

This is NOT the first time somehow Public has done something strange like this (previously you had 2 phone numbers on my SIM for some reason with neither working)

Vanterax
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Finally, a sign of life.  Thanks Saray.  Good to know about the prioritizing, but this needs to be communicated on a larger scale than just this thread.

@hummuschips SIM card number was correct. Plus I tried to change SIM to a new one it also correct.

AND phone number is still displayed as being associated with my account

BUT somehow someone else is using my number and I have NO SERVICE

WAITING for a MOD still

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @kav2001c

I'm sorry about this inconvenient. As you know we are facing a message backlog and we're also prioritizing no-service issues (as opposed to referral issues). But don't worry, I am dealing with your issue right now and I will send you a message shortly.

Thank you 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Under self serve, change your SIM card does the last 4 digits match your SIM card number or is it different?

I have called my number multiple times too

Other person usually just sends it to voice mail now but I am going to keep on them until I get my number back

@NDesai I'm more ticked that none of the mods bother to read any messages in last 2 weeks

But I have posted on here many complaints as well

I have submitted issue to CCTS

What is really weird is despite fact someone else is using my number when I log into self serve I still show my number being associated with my account

I just can not use it since system refuses to provision the SIM card

MODS better respond I will bump this all day if needed

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Very strange. Hopefully someone comes forward and resolve this....

Need Help? Let's chat.