cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sms not working on ported number

Omarrwill
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported my number and it was successful for data and talk. I turned on and of my phone, I have reset the network. The text were still going to my fido number which now doesn't work. It seems like the port only partially went through and that the sms is stuck with fido. How do I get in touch with the port team?

28 REPLIES 28

@Polike 

Yes, if only SMS an issue, it is a PM system problem with new activation.     PM is aware of the problem and can only fix the issue one account at a time.   

Please submit a ticket with CS Agent by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Polike

I have the same problem. The ticket was submitted yesterday. So far still can't send and receive the text message. SMS is so important now because you need 2FA to log into bank, CRA and etc. With PM's online support only mode, and delayed response, I am regretted to choice PM.

ScottLewin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I know my RCS did not start working for a few days, but the SMS started working almost directly after contacting customer service

RobH1

Greetings:

I had all kinds of grief with my wife’s phone. Ultimately PM suggested that I get replacement sim card. That fixed the problem.  They re-embursed me for the new card. 

AF92

I am having the same issue where my SMS is not working.  I tried the things you mentioned to reset but that did not work. I submitted a ticket and I’m waiting to hear back. Anything else I can do?

RobH1

Greetings:

I had exactly a similar issue with my iphone. I moved over to PM (from Bell) Friday afternoon. Voice & data were working but iMessage was DOA. Since it was the weekend, I waited until yesterday to follow up with PM Customer Service. They confirmed that the number was transferred successfully. They suggested I reset the network settings ( via Settings -> General -> Transfer or Reset Phone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings) and then powered the phone off & on. That did not work.

I then went to Settings -> Cellular ->Cellular Data Network ->Reset Settings. I powered the phone off & on. That worked.

Good Luck!

ScottLewin

I had to do two different tickets as I ported two separate phones. I did notice in the reply it mentions it is not a live chat and that they are working with multiple people at a time.  The person replying on this account was much faster than my other account.  It is probably luck of the draw who you get and how busy they are with other people.

Omarrwill

There is no number unless it's a port issue. I would start a ticket and customer service will respond to you. If it's the same issue I had Public mobile has to refresh the network on their end. If you want to test it put the sim in another phone if you have one handy

HotelCharlie

I have now joined the club of people who are experiencing this issue 😛 Is there a direct phone number I can call? 

Omarrwill

Thanks it was a refresh 

Omarrwill

Thanks the did a network reset on their end 

Omarrwill

It's working now the customer service got back to my ticket request. I gave them my account info and they did a network reset on their end. Only issue now is that  I can't see if text have been received and read like with Fido 

Uyyy

Yeah… should’ve just stayed with Fido 

Uyyy

Anyone figured this out yet… customer rep says porting was over and they can’t do anything. What is going on 

Omarrwill

I also messaged cs agent about 2hrs ago no response 

Omarrwill

Yeah I've been trying to submit a ticket it just hangs on the loading screen 

@Uyyy 

if you cannot send and recevie, that is sim provisioning problem.  Easy fix for PM support, and you just need to engage them by opening ticket :

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Uyyy

Physical sim wont make a difference, I ported over to a physical sim. Can’t send text or receive. So ridiculous. Called the porting team and they can’t do anything.

mattbumanglag

I had the same issue and had to change my number overall. The eSIM transfer went through however my previous fido number had expired. Now I'm confused on whether or not to get a physical SIM card to fix this issue because my old contacts cannot contact my new number. Any ideas?

Uyyy

Same, Samsung here. This is so frustrating 

Omarrwill

Thanks for the reply but I am on Android 

@Omarrwill  And @Uyyy  if you both have iPhone  give this a try 

. If you turn off iMessage and face time and go in to setting general . And at the bottom you see “shut down “ the phone will turn off .then turn  it back on and go back to settings  and turn on iMessage and turn on face time and that should do the trick I think 

Handy1_0-1712276458188.png

Add if not @Omarrwill @Uyyy 

contact Support to refresh account or further investigate for you 

submit ticket with support . using the chat bubble bottom right of screen 

Handy1_0-1712276613213.jpeg

If that doesn’t work you can always send private message to support .

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

Omarrwill

I'll let you know if I figure it out 

Omarrwill

I got through they said the port went fine. Which means it's a technical issue. So I'm not really sure how to fix it I tried multiple phones 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Uyyy  Sent !

Uyyy

Also having the same problem as OP, could I get the contact for porting team? 

Omarrwill

Thank you I reached out 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Omarrwill  sent the porting team number to your inbox 

Need Help? Let's chat.