cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartwatch

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

Not really related to anything, but what are your opinions on smartwatches?

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@xCameron94x the Ticwatch E is a great starter smartwatch for sure.  Inexpensive but full power of AW2.0.  The cost of entry is pretty low so if you don't mind risking around $100 USD, you don't have much to lose by trying it out.  It probably won't change your world but if you have an interest there's a good possibility you'll like having one.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

The one im looking at has the new software (Android wear 2.0), which is apparently much better than the first. I will find having it to be a bit more useful (track steps straight from the watch, some physical stuff) Also might be a good thing to have in the future. It doesnt have NFC, but doesnt bother me because my bank doesnt even support android pay yet

Its a realtivley cheap watch too, compared to what is on the market. I decided to back it on kickstarter, so i got the watch for a fairly decent price. I have until November to cancel if I want a full refund

Emissary
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I love my smartwatch (1st gen Huawei Watch), but it's by no means an essential device. And to be honest, even though I would hate to part with mine, I would never recommend Android Wear to anyone. It is an incredibly buggy platform on which basic features completely fail quite frequently and remain unfixed for months. Google has absolutely dropped the ball on it. For the past month if not more, the entire reminder system is broken. Tomorrow who knows. So I like the idea, I derive enjoyment from changing watchfaces every day, but if you go the Android Wear route, be prepared for a beta-level product.

skmkenn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If I were to have one fall into my lap, I would use it but otherwise I don't see much point in spending money on one.

Sure you can see your notifications on it and perform basic replies & tasks, but for most things I'd just wind up grabbing my phone to take action on those things.

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@xCameron94x wrote:

I got the Moto 360. I really like the watch, but the battery life is just ...horrible. 

I wish Apple could have a watch face the is circular, but guess that is asking for too much.

Apple rumour: next Apple watch will directly connect to cellular without a paired phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@xCameron94x I adore my (1st gen) Huawei Watch.  Have had it since last November, got it in a US Best Buy on sale for black friday.  It's changed how I deal with notificaitons dramatically.  I have it set to auto-silence my phone when the watch is both connected and on my wrist.  So I just leave it on all day at work, knowning that I will get little buzzes on my wrist (which I can turn off for meetings easily as well if I want) and that my phone will remain silent and not disturbing others by making notificaiton noises or buzzing noises against the desk.  This is particulary important when visiting client organization sites, I need to be considerate.  Also I can [more] discretely glance at notifications on the watch rather than going to the phone if in a face-to-face conversation or a meeting.  I'd be pretty lost without it, now.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I don't wear a watch.  My smartwatch is my cell phone. I could tie it around my wrist if I want. It's a little bulky though. 🙂

Thinking about backing a product on Kickstarter. The Ticwatch E. I've heard a few good things from Ticwatch, and its relativley inexpensive compared to some options out there. With shipping include it comes to $134, i believe it is in USD, so around $175 here. I always do a fair bit of research before I buy anything (especially tech related). 

Comes with the new android wear software, IP67, watch face is 44mm.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I miss my Microsoft Band2.  Was a great watch/fitness tracker just had some issues.  Recently got a FitBit Blaze seems ok they are still working with Microsoft to get everything up and running on Windows phone.

@xCameron94x wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.