cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate sim by porting the number

dluo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I'm trying to activate a new simcard for my father and port his landline number from Bell over to Public Mobile. When I get to the 2nd step of checking whether it's eligible, it seems to be fine and bring up a form stating "Wireline transfer Number".  I fill in all the fields and when I submit, it fails giving me the following message:

"Your Old Service Provider rejected your transfer request. Common mistakes:

• Account Number doesn’t match Old Service Provider records

• Equipment Serial Number doesn’t match Old Service Provider records

• Security PIN doesn’t match Old Service Provider records

• Alternate Contact Number format (should be 10-digits, no spaces, no dashes)

• Did not check the “I am authorized…” checkbox"

So :

1) for the account number, I believe they are checking the phone number since there's no field that asks for account #.

2) I don't know what Equipment Serial Number is and no place to specify on form

3) Security PIN: There is no security pin at all

4) Alternate contact number: I specified a 10 digit number with no spaces or dashes

5) I did check the box.

Is there a way to find out EXACTLY what is wrong? If I can't figure this out, how can I port the number? I don't want to activate the sim first since I want to ensure I can port this number over.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

@Anonymous wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:
if there is a glitch in the processs

You alright there wetcoaster? You started a sentence and added another s to the last word.

@Anonymous

thanks for your concerns! Seems like I'm somewhat keyboard challenged tonight / Lithium is again playing tricks on me...

No idea where that additional "s" came from... And the end of the sentence? " you have at least a working phone connection."

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wetcoaster wrote:
if there is a glitch in the processs

You alright there wetcoaster? You started a sentence and added another s to the last word.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Can't directly help with your answer (exept that I would only put in the field what the field asks for... It's a computer at the other end, so if the format of the info in the field doesn't match what is expected it will just reject it.)

Considering that ports from landlines (and VOIP) are taking considerably longer than those from another cell phone provider, sometimes several days or even up to a week, I personally would activate the account with a temporary number, make sure that everything is in good working order and then go and initiate the porting process. if there is a glitch in the processs

dluo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've attached the form that I see when trying to port a number when activating.  I don't see where it asks for an account number. Just the owner of the account. The landline line # is above the form which is active and eligible.  

What is the PIN for? and where would I specify that? In Old account password field?

portform.PNG

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dluo

IIRC, the first item that PM form asks for is the account number.  Check the Bell monthly statement for the account number.

To port a landline number will take a few days and the number must an active number.

To port a number, you need the phone number and the account number.  But I always supply my PIN.  If you father does not have a PIN, phone Bell to create one.  Since it is a landline and landline does not have the equipment serial similar to the IMEI from a cellphone.

Need Help? Let's chat.