cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart watch

AdamLove
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How can I have me $25 plan And use a Smart Watch with SIM...  For data on Smart Watch is there anything new coming or should I get a 1 gig plan for my smartwatch.....

Can someone help....

9 REPLIES 9

ryanrudolf

@AdamLove wrote:

The watch has sim slot and memory card its a boost watch....

if it has a physical sim slot and the bands available for the watch are the same bands that public mobile uses, then yes you can use a public mobile sim in it.

@AdamLove best advice I can give younis contavt the mods and see what they say. If the staff of PM say yes, then its a go. If they say no. Well then you have your answer. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

AdamLove

The watch has sim slot and memory card its a boost watch....

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AdamLove What smartwatch is it? Every smartwatch I've known is only ESIM and Public dosent support ESIM. Also even if it does have a physical SIM APN settings aren't possible to configure on some Smartwatches. Your just going to have to use it tethered to a phone. If you really want i think you can buy a little device that fits in your pocket and you can put a SIM card in it and you can tether your smartwatch to that but I don't know if that works with PM's network.

You are right @computergeek541 any of the PM plans would work once a physical SIM card can be used. And the watches bands are compatible. I spazzed on this one.

@AdamLove I'm sorry. I got it wrong. Please change the solution to @computergeek541 's answer. Use the 3 dots at the top right of your post to do so.

@Luddite ,Oracles please change the solution to @computergeek541 's answer. Thanks.

@gblackma wrote:

@AdamLove Pm doesn't currently support smart watches. Stay safe. 

Sure they do. A smartwatch is just another data device. If the APN settings are correctly configurable, is compatible with the Public Mobile network, and the device has a sim card slot, it will work.  The other thing is how that there are no data sharing plans at Public Mobile, so the phone would either need the active sim card in the watch, or be getting an active internet connection from another device.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@AdamLove the 30.00 data works for a tablet, not sure about a smart watch. Does your qatch have a SIM slot? 

If it does maybe you can get a phone plan and use the data from that. 

@will13am said in a previous post" , this is a budget carrier.  There are no plans that are geared toward devices like smart watch"

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@AdamLove Pm doesn't currently support smart watches. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.