cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked calls

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yesterday I recieved about 5 calls from a 1-800 number so I ignored it.  I checked my vm afterwards and it was a pre-recorded msg phone scam.  I deleted the msgs and blocked the number.  But after blocking the number i got another call from the same scammer.

Why did my phone not block the call?

4 REPLIES 4

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

For a few days I was receiving calls for duct cleaning from different numbers.  Each time I said sorry I live in a condo and since then I haven't received calls.  It has been about a week or so.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Do you have caller id and spam blocking turned on @gjong26 ?

@gjong26 wrote:

Yesterday I recieved about 5 calls from a 1-800 number so I ignored it.  I checked my vm afterwards and it was a pre-recorded msg phone scam.  I deleted the msgs and blocked the number.  But after blocking the number i got another call from the same scammer.

Why did my phone not block the call?

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@gjong26 , do what I do? Answer the call as a business. Pick a business. I normally answer it as a "Hello, you have reached American Express," how can I help you. And then they will:
1. Oh sorry, wrong number. And they will either call you again to confirm or never call again

2. They just hang up without saying anything

3. You may hear a pause, then a recording. Which means, I just hang up

Have fun with them. I do this every 6 months or so. I great way to ruin their day, and waste their precious time like the do with my time too! 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.